Memory Upgrade - aspire c24-963

RahmanDaros
RahmanDaros Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 2021 in All-In-One PCs
Hi, i have acer aspire c24-963. I have plan to upgrade memory to 32GB. what type of memory supported? tqvm

​//Edited the content to add model name on title.​

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited April 2021
    Hi, i have acer aspire c24-963. I have plan to upgrade memory to 32GB. what type of memory supported? tqvm
    Here is the Acer memory specs for your C24-963 AIO computer, it supports 32GB MAX memory (see below for specs) also, be careful and stick to the Acer specified DDR4-2666MHz 1.2V SODIMMs only as going by some of the memory and retailers recommended memory speed of e.g. DDR4-3200MHz will not work and could damage your computer and/or make it not boot. This is the recommended memory for your C24-963 AIO so stick to it, I've also included the hard drive specs of either a 2.5" or an M.2 alternative so that and if you want to upgrade you know what specs you can upgrade to. Good luck and hope this helps, cheers. 

The SSD M.2 are all B&M key type M.2 2280 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Note that the memory is not XMP overclocked memory. A lot of vendors advertise XMP memory at their fully overclocked speed, which is much faster than the base speed and if tried in your system they would only support the base speed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • enrico35
    enrico35 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited May 2021

I have a PC Acer Aspire C24-963_W

RAM 8 GB

I would like to know if in this case I can upgrade with the additional 16GB DDR4-3200 UDIMM memory (8GB+16GB)

or if only the configuration described in the post to RahmanDaros is valid.

Thanks in advance.

• enrico35
    Aspire C24-963_W
    after the RAM upgrade, the PC warranty continues
    or is it suspended?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi enrico35,

No, I think it will suspend.
  • billsey
    The C24-963 models support DDR4 1.2V 2666MHz SO-DIMMs (4GB, 8GB or 16GB), dual channel up to 32GB total memory. Whether the warranty will be voided if you open it yourself is different for different countries. Contact Acer support for your locale to find out.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    No problem, I hope it helped.
  • enrico35
    thank you billsey and Easwar for your replies