Can't locate .exe/application in unzipped bios update - Aspire M3802

Nizmo
Nizmo Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi,
I have an old Acer Aspire M3802 that I've upgraded most of the hardware but it is still running the original bios when new(er) version P01.A1_A_A is available.  I downloaded it, extracted it, but there is no .exe, application or .fd file in the unzipped folder.  I've watched many videos about the process of updating bios, and in those videos there is always a .exe file they launch in the folder after unzipping but I don't have that.  What am I doing wrong here?  Please help

//Edited the content to add model name.

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    I see. First go to BIOS_ACER_P01.A1_Windows folder(not ZIP file). Copy that WinTool file into a separate drive(D: here for example). Make sure that the command prompt directory is in the BIOS flash file location.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    You can try redownloading the BIOS file and extract it. There is a instruction file called System BIOS update SOP.doc
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • Nizmo

Tinkerer

Thanks for your reply, I tried that thru CMD prompt as admin and it still was not able to locate batch file 
  • AnhEZ28
    The batch file name is flash1M, it is in either 32 or 64 folder in WinTool
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    edited May 2021
    Nizmo said:
    Hi,
    I have an old Acer Aspire M3802 that I've upgraded most of the hardware but it is still running the original bios when new(er) version P01.A1_A_A is available.  I downloaded it, extracted it, but there is no .exe, application or .fd file in the unzipped folder.  I've watched many videos about the process of updating bios, and in those videos there is always a .exe file they launch in the folder after unzipping but I don't have that.  What am I doing wrong here?  Please help

What operating system are you running on your Aspire M3802? Is it 32bit or 64bit? As you have to update the BIOS accordingly, there is no way that you can't find the ‘flash1M.bat’. The BIOS flash guide that is included in an MS Word doc called; "System BIOS Update SOP" explains it very clearly what you have to do. Use the "WinTool" folder and update BIOS with either with the 32 or 64 folder whichever operating system you have, then put that appropriate folder onto a USB and plug it into your Aspire M3802 USB and follow the guide in the BIOS doc guide as instructed in the "In [Windows Mode]" and that should update your BIOS to the last version BIOS of the version P01.A1 dated 2010/01/28.

Btw, your Aspire M3802 desktop has an Intel G43 chipset and takes an Intel Socket T LGA 755 pin CPU and came with a max OEM Core 2 Quad Q9650 CPU and can take a max of 8GB total RAM of either 1GB or 2GB memory modules of DDR2-667MHz or DDR2-800MHz 240-pin modules (at max 4x 2GB into its 4x Slots #’s 1 to 4) and also you can install memory modules in any combination as long as they match the above specifications.

• Nizmo

Tinkerer

I followed the instructions in the word file (see photo) this is what I mean when I said I'm unable to run the batch file.  
    There is a application in the BIOS zip file from Acer called AFUWIN64, and after running that and clicking OPEN there is no ROM that it can find to run...
    1st photo is the instructions included with the BIOS zip file, 2nd is my attempt to follow those instructions...
  • AnhEZ28
    Answer ✓
    I see. First go to BIOS_ACER_P01.A1_Windows folder(not ZIP file). Copy that WinTool file into a separate drive(D: here for example). Make sure that the command prompt directory is in the BIOS flash file location.