Veriton M490G windows detects all rams but bios just the half of it

zoltanazc
zoltanazc Member Posts: 3 New User
Hey!

I have this problem with my Veriton M490G motherboard...
I had 4x4 gb ram in it, and bios didn't detect it correctly (16/7,96gb useable) for half a year, and one day it started to detect it. It was good for 1 months, now i had to take out the rams, because of cpu cooler changing, then i put them back and it didn't detect it again... rams are working alone, and i tried every variations to put them in. I tried reseting bios but it didn't help.
When i have:
any stick (1 or 2) in black: doesnt boot up
1 in blue: 4/2gb
2 in blue: 8/4gb
1 in blue 2 in black: 12/8gb
1 in black 2 in blue: 12/8gb
2 in black 2 in blue: 16/8gb

Anyone knows why does this happen?
Again, bios reset does not help, rams are connected correctly, rams are not faulty, msconfig max memory isnt checked, i have win10 64bit and once it was able to use all 16gb of these rams.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    What speed are each of the memory sticks? Are any DDR3L instead of DDR3?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • zoltanazc
    billsey said:
    What speed are each of the memory sticks? Are any DDR3L instead of DDR3?
    all 4 is the same type, 1333mhz and ddr3
    and i have just noticed it says the unusable memory is hardware reserved
  • billsey
    Do you have a GPU card installed or is it using the GPU integrated into the CPU?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • zoltanazc
    billsey said:
    Do you have a GPU card installed or is it using the GPU integrated into the CPU?
    I have a GPU card
  • billsey
    So hardware reserved isn't for the onboard video... Can you capture images of each page in the BIOS for us? Blank out your serial numbers...