How to reset my laptop?

Skhumbuzo
Skhumbuzo Member Posts: 2 New User
What must I do when the laptop keeps on saying diagnosing your pc, then it further says preparing automatic repair and after it says your pc couldn't repair? 

Best Answer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi Skhumbuzo,

Reset this PC and keep my files

1. From Start, select Care Center then Recovery Management.
    2. Select the Restore tab and click Get started to Choose an option.
    3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.

Reset this PC and remove everything

2. Select the Restore tab and click Get Started to Choose an option. 26 - Recovery
    3. Select Remove everything to reset your PC back to its factory default. This process will reinstall your operating system and remove all of your personal files, apps, and settings.
    4. Select Just remove my files if you are keeping your computer. This will be quicker, but less secure. Files may still be recovered with a file recovery program. Select Remove files and clean the drive if you are not keeping your computer. This process will take longer, but will be more secure. Warning Selecting "Remove files and clean the drive" will remove all of your personal files and accounts, along with pre-existing drivers that may affect your Windows installation. Recovery - 27
    5. Click Reset to continue.
    6. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    7. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    8. Follow the process until it completes.
    9. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will use factory default settings.

Answers

• What is the exact model of the computer? Example an515-51-75kz. What happens when you press alt + f10 before the acer logo?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi Skhumbuzo,

Reset this PC and keep my files

2. Select the Restore tab and click Get started to Choose an option.
    3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.

Reset this PC and remove everything

2. Select the Restore tab and click Get Started to Choose an option. 26 - Recovery
    3. Select Remove everything to reset your PC back to its factory default. This process will reinstall your operating system and remove all of your personal files, apps, and settings.
    4. Select Just remove my files if you are keeping your computer. This will be quicker, but less secure. Files may still be recovered with a file recovery program. Select Remove files and clean the drive if you are not keeping your computer. This process will take longer, but will be more secure. Warning Selecting "Remove files and clean the drive" will remove all of your personal files and accounts, along with pre-existing drivers that may affect your Windows installation. Recovery - 27
    5. Click Reset to continue.
    6. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    7. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    8. Follow the process until it completes.
    9. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will use factory default settings.