Missing Drivers Acer Aspire V3-572PG-50S1

ZoGGy
ZoGGy Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Hello All

Recently an MS update corrupted my profile and no one was able to get it back, in the process my MBR was corrupted so I had to format and reinstall Win 10. I have noticed that I am missing a couple of drivers showing up in Device Manager. I no longer have the Acer OEM partition on my hard drive. Can anyone direct me where I can download the drivers for the following:

PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CA4&SUBSYS_09401025&REV_03
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CA4&SUBSYS_09401025
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CA4&CC_118000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CA4&CC_1180

SM Bus Controller
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CA2&SUBSYS_09401025&REV_03
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CA2&SUBSYS_09401025
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CA2&CC_0C0500
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CA2&CC_0C05

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

[Title edited to add the name of the product]

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi ZoGGy,

Download the missing driver from the below link,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/drivers
  • ZoGGy

Tinkerer

Hi Easwar I have looked up my SNID and I am unable to determine if any of those are specific to the drivers I need. Are you able to let me know if they are?
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Chipset is usually the one that does stuff to do with the pci lanes
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi ZoGGy,

You can check that in acer care center.

• ZoGGy

Tinkerer

EaswarLeostat thank you for your help, so installing the Chipset driver fixed the SM Bus Controller, now the only driver I have to find is the one for the PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller
  • ZoGGy

Tinkerer

Leostat and Easwar installing the Chipset driver fixed the SM Bus Controller, now the only thing I have to find is the driver for PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller. I dont have Acer Care Center installed, when my drive crashed I lost it when I formatted the drive and it does not show up in the Applications d
  • Leostat
    Woop woop one down one to go, Is there a Intel platform , Intel framework, or Intel thermal something or other available ? It's probs that for that one 

If not you may need to go directly to the Intel site to download it 
  • ZoGGy

Tinkerer

Ya now the challenge begins to find the last one. I do have the following drivers in the Optional driver updates in Windows 10 could it be one of them?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    ZoGGy said:
    Ya now the challenge begins to find the last one. I do have the following drivers in the Optional driver updates in Windows 10 could it be one of them?

First, what is the exact V15 model that you have? Look underneath the laptop at the sticker that your laptop came with as it should have the exact model number. As all these drivers are on either the Acer appropriate driver section of your V15 laptop or if your model is a V15 "G" model and has the NVIDIA GPU then you can update the appropriate GPU driver from NVIDIA latest drivers for your specific GPU model. With all the Intel drivers the best way is to get and install the "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" to get the latest V15 Intel updates of all their drivers, its a very simple process!
  • ZoGGy

Tinkerer

edited May 2021
    Hi Steven

So I looked under my laptop and the info I have is the following:
    Acer Aspire V 15 Touch
    V3-572PG-50S1
    S/N NXMNKAA006xxxxxxxxxxxx
    SNID xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have tried the intel site and update manager and could not find the update for the PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller - 
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CA4&SUBSYS_09401025&REV_03. I have searched everywhere I could even the Acer site and cant seem to find the driver. Granted it could be there and I am reading it wrong. I am really at a loss.

Thanks for your help,

[Edited comment to delete sensitive information]
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    I think you need the Serial IO Driver, but you should go ahead with all those optional updates as well. They should clear up most of your driver issues completely.
    BTW, you should never of had an MBR, your system is new enough that everything should have been UEFI and GPT from the beginning...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ZoGGy

Tinkerer

edited May 2021
    Thanks billsey, you know when I brought my computer into Staples Canada to be fixed since I bought it there originally, I am in the Niagara Region of Ontario, the first thing the Tech at the help desk said was that once Windows corrupts your system you have to wipe the HD clean, my gut told me to get a second opinion, I guess I should have listened to my gut. 

Is there any order I should do all of those updates in or just start from the top?

Thanks for your help,
  • Leostat
    no order, just install em all :)
  • billsey
    Yeah, you only really need to worry about the order when the network drivers aren't there, so it can't go grab files from the net. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ZoGGy

Tinkerer

Just wanted to thank everyone here, I installed all of my drivers except 2 and I have no more missing driver issues in Device Manager. Again thank you everyone for your help!
  • billsey
    Be sure and mark the right answer, so others will find this thread easier.
  • ZoGGy

Tinkerer

Hi Easwar I have looked up my SNID and I am unable to determine if any of those are specific to the drivers I need. Are you able to let me know if they are?
  • ZoGGy

Tinkerer

Leostat and Easwar installing the Chipset driver fixed the SM Bus Controller, now the only thing I have to find is the driver for PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller. I dont have Acer Care Center installed, when my drive crashed I lost it when I formatted the drive and it does not show up in the Applications section when I enter me SNID
  • billsey
    Between the Intel chipset driver and the Intel serial IO driver you should have your SM bus done. If it's still complaining just go into Device Manager and have it search online for drivers to get the latest. Once everything has drivers let Windows Update do a search for update and look at what it comes up with for optional hardware drivers, and do them as well.