Question to owners of the Aspire TC-390=UA91

GonzoX
GonzoX Member Posts: 3 New User
I am looking to purchase this PC model.  I know it has a PCIE slot.  What I need to know is:

Does this model have a 6pin 3d card power connector?  If not, does it at least have an unused older 4pin molex connector?

Answers

• This is the diagram of the motherboard:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • GonzoX
    GonzoX Member Posts: 3 New User
    Thanks for the diagram.  What I really need is to see what cables come out of the power supply, as a 6pin wire or molex wire would solve my question if I knew the PSU had either of them.
  • I do not have this information. But you can take the computer apart and check:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • GonzoX450
    GonzoX450 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter

It has neither. This is why we are limited to 3d cards with NO power connector.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

They made these models with both 180W and 250W power supplies. The 180W versions certainly don't have the extra connector, but the 250W version might. To be safe you should actually look. :) Third party manufacturers do build larger than 250W supplies in that form factor, so you could go with 300W or potentially 500W to get the power for a better GPU, but you are also going to have to deal with the physical space requirements.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GonzoX450
    GonzoX450 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter

No the 250W version does not because that's what I have in both my Acers. Could not find a version with more than 250W when I first got this PC and the Dell ones were 200W IIRC. But I think you are right about there being ones with more Watts.

The issue is not really the 250W limit in mine. It is that it has no GPU power connector. Not sure they even exist.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Yes, the 250W designs really don't have enough spare power to drive a separate GPU connector. No reason to include one in the output wiring if there isn't enough power on the rail to actually drive it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.