Backlight keyboard aspire 3 A315-54K-55R0

Rama33
Rama33 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited May 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello,
I've seen it lately. That the device has the property of the backlight keyboard , by changing some of the Settings  of the device can I be sure if this laptop has this property it Note There is no button on the keyboard for light. 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    The mainboard has a socket that will support a keyboard with a backlight plug. However, your current keyboard is without a backlight and plug. So you would have to purchase and install a new keyboard and top cover that has the backlight and plug..

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Rama33,

​ May I know the full model name of your unit.
  • Rama33

Tinkerer

Hi @Easwar
    Model name is acer aspire 3 
  • Rama33

Tinkerer

Thanks @JackE
  • Easwar
    Hi Rama33,

Do you have the flashing symbol on F9 key.

How to turn on the keyboard backlights  Acer Community
  • Rama33

Tinkerer

@Easwar
    No 🥺😭
  • JackE
    As mentioned earlier, while your mainboard has a socket that will support a backlight keyboard plug,  your present keyboard does NOT  have the required backlight and plug. So you would have to purchase and install a new keyboard and top cover that has the required backlight and plug..

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    edited May 2021
    Hi Rama33,

Did you got the keyboard backlight earlier on this unit. (I mean at the time of purchase). Can you post your keyboard pic here.
  • Rama33

Tinkerer

@Easwar
    This is forThis is the device's keyboard. (acer aspire 3) 
  • JackE
    Sorry. As mentioned earlier, your keyboard does NOT support key backlights Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Hi Rama33,

As I check the features of the unit it doesn't  have the keyboard backlight.
  • Rama33

Tinkerer

Thank you for your time 💕 @JackE @Easwar
  • Although the keyboard is not backlit, what is the exact model of the laptop? Example an515-51-58vh.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rama33

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho
    A315-54K-55R0
  • JackE
    As mentioned earlier, your mainboard has a socket that will support a keyboard with a backlight plug. However, your current keyboard is without a backlight and plug. So you would have to purchase and install a new keyboard and top cover that has the backlight and plug. You can purchase the backlit keyboard separately to save some money but usally more difficult than replacing the entire top assembly with the integrated backlit keyboard.

Jack E/NJ

• This is the connector:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)