H6815BD with HDMI 1.4a according to the manufacturer reaches 4K 60HZ, no HDMI 2.0 / 2.1 needed?

DragoWQX
DragoWQX Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2021 in Projectors
Hello, Acer, the market for 4K projectors is stunning with its attractive price.  But is it possible to achieve at 4k 60Hz with 1.4a / 1080p 240Hz?  I don't think so and it will be a misleading advertisement.  The projector has an increased brightness of 4000 lumens with a new chip, will the image quality suffer if the older chips are of better quality?  What is behind the tinsel of Acer?  I have owned an Acer HD Ready 3D projector for 5 years.  The light bulb clock has turned around once and I have no reservations.  Still fully functional, but will go to the living room for movies and games I want to upgrade…

Answers

• DragoWQX
    DragoWQX Member Posts: 2 New User
    Any I was exact 4K UHD… UHD has its trademark 4K no… Marketing
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    1.4 won't be able to carry 4k60 need 2.0 for that, ok for now but of it's to keep for a few years it would be a 'meh' point quite quickly!
  • Or1s
    Or1s Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same question here. Product page of a H6815BD says 4k, 1080p 240hz, HDR10 compatibility and HDMI 1.4a port. But this is nonsense. 1.4a not a HDR10 compatibility (only 2.0+ is), dont have 1080p 240hz support (in theory can be 4:2:0 subsampling, but not a full color) and support 4k only in 30hz refresh rate. Or product page incorrect about hdmi version, or about hdr compatibility and resolution/refresh rate info. 
    If this projector hdmi 2.0+ this it really good option in budget, but if this realy 1.4 this is a ***** and more sense to buy some cheaper old projector with hdr 1080p 120hz what fully workd )
  • LarsG
    LarsG Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2021
    I had the same question as well, but decided to buy the H6815BD and test it. I can confirm that 4K, 60fsp and HDR10 works perfectly well with Xbox series X connected. So it can’t be HDMI 1.4b on the projector I guess? According to a Dutch sellers web site, this projector has HDMI 2.0b on both HDMI ports.

I have only tested it for a few hours, but 4K HDR10 gaming looks really good.
  • Minton
    Minton Member Posts: 3 New User
    LarsG said:
    I had the same question as well, but decided to buy the H6815BD and test it. I can confirm that 4K, 60fsp and HDR10 works perfectly well with Xbox series X connected. So it can’t be HDMI 1.4b on the projector I guess? According to a Dutch sellers web site, this projector has HDMI 2.0b on both HDMI ports.

I have only tested it for a few hours, but 4K HDR10 gaming looks really good.
    Is it possible to use 2k resolution whith this projector?