PT315-52 Predator Sense won't install...

Thunderstruck57
Thunderstruck57 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited May 2021 in Predator Laptops
I might have multiple issues going on but can't figure out what might be causing my issue preventing me from installing Predator Sense. I had to send in my Acer Predator Triton 300 PT315-52 for repair unfortunately when I received the laptop back and tried to reinstall  my backup image (Acer original install) it was corrupt. I then decided to install a fresh copy of windows 10 by using the Windows 10 media creation tool and USB thumb drive. Everything so far has installed and worked fine even every other driver I have downloaded from Acer except for installing Predator Sense which I downloaded from Acer driver downloads web page using the laptop SNID #. Searching the web it seems it may be from the motherboard not flashed with the correct bios at the repair center. Though I'm wondering if it could also be that it might be due that I didn't install the Acer version of windows for this laptop. Anybody out there running predator Sense on a Predator laptop with none-Acer Windows copy installed? 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    Did it show any error when installing the Predator Sense?
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Thunderstruck57,

# Reset the unit, (It will remove all the data--->Unit goes to Day 1 of default version)

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Press and hold Alt+F10 keys(without releasing the keys) ---> Trun ON the unit. 
    3. You will get a blue screen(Title Choose an option). (Release the keys)
    4. Click troubleshoot option.
    5. Click on Reset this PC.
    6. Go with the option (Keep my files/Remove every thing)
    7. Then follow the on screen instruction. 

Check this T/S and post the result. 
  • Thunderstruck57
    AnhEZ28 said:
    I get a message that the computer is not supported.

• Thunderstruck57
    Easwar said:
    Hi Thunderstruck57,

# Reset the unit, (It will remove all the data--->Unit goes to Day 1 of default version)

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Press and hold Alt+F10 keys(without releasing the keys) ---> Trun ON the unit. 
    3. You will get a blue screen(Title Choose an option). (Release the keys)
    4. Click troubleshoot option.
    5. Click on Reset this PC.
    6. Go with the option (Keep my files/Remove every thing)
    7. Then follow the on screen instruction. 

Check this T/S and post the result. 
    I tried following your suggestion though I believe it does not work due to not running the Acer "flavor" of Windows 10. As I stated earlier I'm running the standard Windows 10 version from Microsoft through their media creation tool it does not have any of the Acer modifications (I assume). 
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    AnhEZ28 said:
    I get a message that the computer is not supported.

Is the unit updated? try to update the unit and reinstall the app again. if still there is an issue, check the link below and the links on that. good luck.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/995892#Comment_995892
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
This discussion has been closed.