predator helios 300 gpu clock speed stuck 1005mhz mid game rtx 2060

ciarx
ciarx Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

my helios 300 2020 has been acting weird recently since everytime i play a game after 15 or so minutes the gpu downlocks drastically to 1005mhz and stays there ..my gpu temps are usually from 75 toh 82 have tried uninstalling drivers and re installing it none worked.. overclocking the gpu from predator sense fixes it temporarily but it goes back to 1005mhz even when overclocked ... does anyone know the issue here ?

Best Answer

Answers

• LuisV
    LuisV Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello, I have the same problem, it started after having performed a battery calibration using Acer Care software, were you able to solve it?
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    LuisV said:
    Hello, I have the same problem, it started after having performed a battery calibration using Acer Care software, were you able to solve it?

Try these.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/535036/faq-cpu-gpu-temps-fps-settings-amp-other-info#latest​ 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • ciarx

Tinkerer

LuisV said:
    yes currrently i found out the solution but idk if its permanent fix , i found out this heavy throttling only occurs when i reach upto 84degrees soo i played games with max fans maxing temps to just 80 and mostly staying around 75 degrees on avg , also for some reason overclocking the gpu to fast profile from predator sense solved this issue somewhat coz then it wont throttle at 84 degrees but arround 86 ... the solution being im now considering repasting coz its clear heat is the problem here but what bothers me is how aggressively the gpu throttles from 1650mhz to 1005mhz idk if its normal but staying below 84c solves this issue
  • ダージリン様
    ダージリン様 Member Posts: 88 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited March 2021
    same here, sometimes it drops to 1005mhz when play some heavy games,
    but when i play some lighter games it doesnt happen.

my temps also only at 70C
  • Kaleab
    Kaleab Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem, except the fact that the core clock is stuck at 1005 Mhz
  • igor11killer
    igor11killer Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

@ciarx did you find any solution yet? I'm facing the same problem. 
  • Ayoub1
    Ayoub1 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I'm Having the same problem it's stuck on 1005mhz ... even when I'm playing light games like FIFA and Valorant.
  • LuisV
    LuisV Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi, i was able to solve my problem by updating the bios driver and never more calibrate battery, link for update official drivers is here: https://www.acer.com/ac/es/ES/content/support-product/8376?b=1
  • ciarx

Tinkerer

LuisV said:
    Hi, i was able to solve my problem by updating the bios driver and never more calibrate battery, link for update official drivers is here: https://www.acer.com/ac/es/ES/content/support-product/8376?b=1
    what r ur temps now ? 

• ciarx

Tinkerer

@ciarx did you find any solution yet? I'm facing the same problem. 
    no not yet...i have nothing except to keep my gpu temps below 82 degrees by custom fan speeds
  • ciarx

Tinkerer

ISSUE SOLVED :- after trying out lots of things i finally figured it was thermal issue but caused by windows itself . first the solution would be to get ur windows updated to the latest update . check if u r running on better performance or best performance . if its on better then set it on best then back to better  since i noticed even on better performance mode previously windows would lock ur cpu clock to max 4.2ghz(i5 10300h)..toggling it back and forth removed this glitch for me ..now if u play games on auto fans ur cpu will run around 3.5 to 3.6 ghz unless u set to best performance in which it will run at full clock speed but use max fans since auto fans cant keep it cool enough..also at the same time uninstall predator sense and reinstall it ..and restart windows each time ..do it after u have updated windows .
    this issue is thermal if u like ur cpu to run at full 4+ghz dont use auto fans unless u got a real good thermal paste ...i use better performance mode where the cpu should run around 3.6ghz while gaming... temps of cpu on auto fans are 78to 85 while playing cpu heavy games like watch dogs 2 and gpu max at 77degrees  while the laptop body temp is max 70 lowest 67. hope it helps
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    • ciarx said:
      ISSUE SOLVED :- after trying out lots of things i finally figured it was thermal issue but caused by windows itself . first the solution would be to get ur windows updated to the latest update . check if u r running on better performance or best performance . if its on better then set it on best then back to better  since i noticed even on better performance mode previously windows would lock ur cpu clock to max 4.2ghz(i5 10300h)..toggling it back and forth removed this glitch for me ..now if u play games on auto fans ur cpu will run around 3.5 to 3.6 ghz unless u set to best performance in which it will run at full clock speed but use max fans since auto fans cant keep it cool enough..also at the same time uninstall predator sense and reinstall it ..and restart windows each time ..do it after u have updated windows .
      this issue is thermal if u like ur cpu to run at full 4+ghz dont use auto fans unless u got a real good thermal paste ...i use better performance mode where the cpu should run around 3.6ghz while gaming... temps of cpu on auto fans are 78to 85 while playing cpu heavy games like watch dogs 2 and gpu max at 77degrees  while the laptop body temp is max 70 lowest 67. hope it helps
      Nice to know that the issue is been resolved. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
This discussion has been closed.