Acer E1-571G-32344g50mnks CPU Upgrade?

JakeMNG
JakeMNG Member Posts: 5 New User
edited May 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi, I currently wanna buy an Acer E1-571G-32344g50mnks and I was wondering if I can upgrade de cpu. It currently has an I3 2348m.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
     If you're asking me to guarantee it 100%, I can't. I only have the Intel and Acer specifications available for this model that indicates a G2 socket, not  BGA. However, mainboard production changes are always possible without notice. But I have no control over this. I'm neither an ACER employee, ACER technical service rep or ACER contractor since this forum is mainly for peer-to-peer users communication between folks like you and me. Sorry. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Yes, you should be able to replace it with an dual core i5 or i7 with the same G2 or rPGA988B socket configuration. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JakeMNG
    JackE said:
    Yes, you should be able to replace it with an dual core i5 or i7 with the same G2 or rPGA988B socket configuration. Jack E/NJ

do you have any pics of someone actually doing it? I really dont want to end up with this laptop if I can upgrade my cpu.

• JackE
    >>>I really dont want to end up with this laptop if I can upgrade my cpu.>>>

What laptop do you have now? It might have a different CPU socket that's not replaceable. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JakeMNG
    JackE said:
    >>>I really dont want to end up with this laptop if I can upgrade my cpu.>>>

What laptop do you have now? It might have a different CPU socket that's not replaceable. Jack E/NJ
    Currently? None. I want to buy an Acer E1-571G-32344g50mnks locally that has an I3 2348m, as I mentioned. I meant to say "...if I can't". 
    Basically, I wont buy this laptop if I cant upgrade that cpu.
  • JackE
    Here's a video. If you're not comfortable doing something like this, I suggest that it might be more practical and less risky to get a model with either the i5 dual or i7 quad core CPU already installed.  There's always a risk for collateral damage when doing a CPU transplant. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JakeMNG
    I would be fairly confident in doing that. But, it dosent specify the cpu he upgraded and I'm really scared that the i3 the 571g has its soldered. Are you absolutely sure it has a socket? Im sorry for asking too many questions but this would be my first decent laptop
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
     If you're asking me to guarantee it 100%, I can't. I only have the Intel and Acer specifications available for this model that indicates a G2 socket, not  BGA. However, mainboard production changes are always possible without notice. But I have no control over this. I'm neither an ACER employee, ACER technical service rep or ACER contractor since this forum is mainly for peer-to-peer users communication between folks like you and me. Sorry. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JakeMNG
    JackE said:
    thats understandable, thanks a lot anyways!
This discussion has been closed.