Acer Swift SF113-31 no power?

venomexa2
venomexa2 Member Posts: 3 New User
cousin dropped off their acer swift sf113-31 in my lap, saying that it stopped powering on after a year or so. 

there are no power lights on the side when connected.
replaced the power cord twice. nothing
unplugged the battery, held down the power button for a minute, waited an hour before plugging battery back in. nothing
unplugged cmos battery for a day. nothing
unplugged everything, left alone for two days. nothing

anything else i should try? any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.

also, is the power plug supposed to stick out just a bit or fit all the way flush? just curious.

Answers

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi venomexa2,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

Or

Book the unit for repair service,

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    It's possible (and even likely) that your cousin let it go uncharged so long that the battery has gone bye bye. When the charge drops below the threshold voltage the battery disabled charging to help keep it from catching fire. The only solution if that is the case is a replacement battery. The stock battery for your SF113-31 is Acer part number: KT.00304.007, which is described as "Battery SONY AP16A Polymer 3S1P SONY 3 cell 3770mAh Main COMMON with BIS logo".
    The power plug should sit pretty much flush and there's a last bit of effort when inserting to get it fully seated, That's to get the end past a detent/o-ring that helps seal the port. It's very likely not your issue however, since not fully seated still lets it charge, it's just more likely to fall out
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • venomexa2
    billsey said:
    It's possible (and even likely) that your cousin let it go uncharged so long that the battery has gone bye bye. When the charge drops below the threshold voltage the battery disabled charging to help keep it from catching fire. The only solution if that is the case is a replacement battery. The stock battery for your SF113-31 is Acer part number: KT.00304.007, which is described as "Battery SONY AP16A Polymer 3S1P SONY 3 cell 3770mAh Main COMMON with BIS logo".
    The power plug should sit pretty much flush and there's a last bit of effort when inserting to get it fully seated, That's to get the end past a detent/o-ring that helps seal the port. It's very likely not your issue however, since not fully seated still lets it charge, it's just more likely to fall out
    i think you're right about the charge drop, my cousin said he left the laptop alone after some time ago and that's what probably killed the battery, but that still doesn't explain the charging port light not coming on even without the battery plugged in. 

i think i have to bite the bullet and send it in for servicing since it's an internal thing.

thanks
  • venomexa2
    Hello all,

I ended up getting the swift serviced and it turns out the power chipsets on the motherboard were burnt out.

After replacing them, the charging light comes on and the battery gets charged as normal.

Thank you all for your help!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Good to know, thanks for the update.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.