acer aspire a515-51 (1) pressing the power button doesn't turn on If that's the problem,

System
System Member Posts: 4,518 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
This discussion was created from comments split from: Aspire 5 A515-51 power up problems.

Answers

• numan
    numan Member Posts: 1 New User
    it. my laptop is an acer aspire a515-51 (1) pressing the power button doesn't turn on  If that's the problem, what would you recommend I do with it?  sometimes the laptop wont turn on if the button near the ram is not always  changed. the charging light keeps blinking and the power button doesn't work.
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,302 Community Administrator
    edited May 2021
    Hello @numan

I am sorry to hear you are having issues. If you didn't try yet, I would suggest a battery reset attempt: 
    1. Unplug the AC power adapter.
    2. Insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole and hold the button down for 5 seconds.
    Here is a video with the reset instructions

https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo.

If the issue persists We recommend the  contact with the support

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid 
  • Robgilmo
    Robgilmo Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

This is what Acer suggested to me.

In this case I'll suggest you perform a battery reset please follow the below steps:

Battery reset: Make sure the laptop is off or Press and hold the Power button down for 15 seconds until the system off.

Unplug AC power adapter.
    Locate the battery reset pinhole on the bottom of the computer.
    Insert a small paperclip or Pin in the battery reset pinhole. Press and hold down the PIN for 10 seconds (Please do not apply to much pressure when pressing down the with the Pin as if it is found damaged Acer will not be held response for the damage, so proceed with caution) and release it.
    Let the computer sit for 10 minutes with no power.
    Connect the AC adapter and power on the system and charge the laptop for 30 minutes then switch on the laptop and monitor the battery indicator until fully charged.