Aspire 5 515-43 shows blue screen error at somewhat Regular Interval & after that nobootable device

2»

Answers

• Dipendu
    Dipendu Member Posts: 3 New User
    My Acer A 515 -43 ryzen 5 processor from yesterday showing blue screen with error code WHEA error. Tell me what to do.. 
    I have done reset still after some time same whea error on the screen. Unable to turn on my laptop from blue screen. 
  • BipinSh
    BipinSh Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

@Dipendu It will initially show a blue screen and leads to a keyboard issue. You better contact the Acer service center and tell them to change the keyboard if you still have a warrenty.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    edited January 2021
    DipenduSorry, you likely have a hardware issue with the HDD or RAM modules. Possibly a loose or dirty HDD connector or improperly seated RAM module Have you recently tried to change this hardware? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ads295
    ads295 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

BipinSh said:
    @Dipendu It will initially show a blue screen and leads to a keyboard issue. You better contact the Acer service center and tell them to change the keyboard if you still have a warrenty.

As per your experience I have returned my laptop to Acer under warranty claim and have insisted to them to change the keyboard. I hope it solves the issue. There is also a thread on Reddit for this same issue for this same laptop! What is Acer doing? Such bugs should be corrected before the product hits the shelves.
  • BipinSh

Tinkerer

edited February 2021
    @ads295 If you have a similar issue as mine, then it will definitely fix the problem. Good Luck!
  • ads295
    ads295 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    BipinSh said:
    @ads295 If you have a similar issue as mine, then it will definitely fix the problem. Good Luck!
    Hello,

First time around Acer Support merely said it was a software issue. I expected this. Gave them authority to do that on the condition that if the error occurs again, then they should replace the keyboard.

10 days into getting back the laptop, the BSOD occurred yet again, just as I'd expected (I had already clean installed Windows BEFORE handing it over to Acer so I knew that doesn't solve the issue.)

Now its been 3 months approx since the keyboard + upper casing was replaced (they come as a unit) and I have stopped facing the BSOD issue. Once my dad got "No Bootable Device" in these 3 months but no BSOD.

Thanks for pointing this out, perhaps majority of A515-43 laptop owners should force their service centers to replace the keyboard as it will raise a red flag in Acer's system so they can get wind of the issue. Service tech guys kept telling me that if a part came faulty from the factory, it would face higher rate of replacement than normal and this would reflect in their system (which didn't happen here, which is why I had to force them to do it.)
  • BipinSh

Tinkerer

@ads295 Good to know, it helped you.
This discussion has been closed.