0 Percent battery ACER NITRO 5 SEND HELP!

Myself06
Myself06 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited May 2021 in Nitro Gaming
My Acer Nitro 5 is charging but my battery is 0% it won't go up it still the same. I wonder if this is a dead battery or something please send help on how to fix it.

Comments

• Myself06
    Note: I already tried the reset battery in the back of the laptop and still it won't go up the battery percentage and when I remove the charger when its 0 percent it goes turn off do you think guys its a dead battery?
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    if you run
    powercfg /batteryreport

What does it say about the battery?
  • Myself06

Is this the one you are talking about? or this one?

And this is the errors.

I appreciate your help man I hope my laptop will go back normal
  • Myself06

Information about battery
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    Myself06 said:
    My Acer Nitro 5 is charging but my battery is 0% it won't go up it still the same. I wonder if this is a dead battery or something please send help on how to fix it.
    Don't do anything, run your laptop to and until it completely runs out of battery and then recharge it, that will fix your problem windows battery level at taskbar, the windows battery state icon is inaccurate and it doesn't reflect the state of the battery. See this guide of "Calibrate Your Laptop Battery" and do that. I get this all te time with a none OEM cheap battery that I unfortunately bought on eBay (made you know where) and this is how I fix this problem all the time.  
  • Myself06
    So I tried this earlier StevenGen I drain my battery and charge it stays 36 percent and it goes down again.
  • Myself06
    Also sometimes while im charging the laptop the color orange on the rightside is blinking.
  • Leostat
    Nah that's not the one it's literally:
    powercfg /batteryreport

It will give you what windows is reading the design and max charge of the battery, it will tell us if it's the controller on the battery which is gone 

The three most common things we see are: 
     * Bad calibration , as Stevengen says running to 0 a few times fixes 
     * A 'confused' battery, where running to 0, battery reset button, charge to a 100, turn on will fix 
     * A bad windows driver, in device manager just 'unisntalling' the battery driver and rebooting fixes it 

The bad things are if the capacity is shot or the controller is dead, the power report should tell us if it's that :) 
  • Myself06

Is this the one @Leostat. i find this one on C:windows/system32 and i find battery-report i also used that word on the cmd to find this.
    i really appreciate you guys thank you for helping me
  • Myself06

also found this one the information about the battery
  • Myself06
    I think I can't do the first step in calibrate your laptop battery because my battery percentage won't go up. Also tried drain my battery and charge the higher percentage i got is 36% and it goes down again until 0%. do you think guys it is my charger ?
  • Myself06

This is the latest my bad this is yesterday lastnight this is the time when the battery goes down.
  • Myself06

And this is today may 4

• Leostat
    That's the one, it looks like the controller is fine then was it on ac the entire time on the third? The power readings are all over the place so I'd give uninstalling it from device manager a go
  • Myself06
    what am i going to uninstall bro sorry for asking too much question
  • Myself06
    does it mean i need to replace my charger? because i charge my laptop for a long time and the charger is not hot like it used to be.
  • Leostat
    edited May 2021
    In device manager under batteries there should be the ACPI complaint battery, try uninstalling that and rebooting

If the charger isnt getting warm it could be that!  Does it not even charge if that laptop is off?
  • Myself06
    Today, i charge my laptop for few hours and when i open it its full charge and while it is charging it decrease its percentage 100 from 90 something
  • Myself06
    maybe it is my charger broo gonna buy a new one
  • Myself06
    UPDATE:
    I go to the repair shop and the guys said that maybe its from my motherboard and while the 2nd repair shop said its the battery. I'll give more update until my laptop got repair.