Audio problem on PH317-54

sidzim
sidzim Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi,

since I bought this notebook I have BIG problems with speakers. I have tried different drivers and sometimes I hear sound from my speakers but the most of the time I hear nothing. I have tried most of the recommendation from this site but nothing that last. Anyone have idea about this? 

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi sidzim,

Are you connected any external speaker to the unit. 
  • sidzim
    No. But If I connect my earphones to USB-C i hear sound.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,892 Trailblazer
    sidzim said:
    Hi,

since I bought this notebook I have BIG problems with speakers. I have tried different drivers and sometimes I hear sound from my speakers but the most of the time I hear nothing. I have tried most of the recommendation from this site but nothing that last. Anyone have idea about this? 

Seeing that your PH317's audio USB-C plugs works then it hasn't got anything to do with your audio board and its connection and its more likely has to do with your internal speakers itself, With sound problems and especially internal OEM speakers perform the following troubleshooting steps and/or inspect the speakers physically for any faults or connection problems (see caption below). This is the Acer troubleshooting procedures: 

1. Boot the computer.
    2. Check the Device Manager to determine that:
           • The device is properly installed
           • There are no red Xs or yellow exclamation marks
           • There are no device conflicts
           • No hardware is listed under Other Devices
    3. If updated recently, roll back the audio driver to the previous version.
    4. Remove and reinstall the audio driver.
    5. Make sure that all volume controls are set mid range:
          • Click the volume icon on the taskbar
          • Drag the slider to 50. Confirm that the volume is not muted.
          • Click Mixer to verify that other audio applications are set to 50 and not muted.
    6. Confirm that Speakers is selected as the default audio device (green check mark) in the Control Panel

NOTE: If Speakers is not shown, right-click on the Playback tab and select Show Disabled Devices (clear by default).

7. Select Speakers and click Configure to start Speaker Setup. Follow the on-screen prompts to configure the speakers.
    8. Remove any recently installed hardware or software.
    9. Restore system and file settings from a known good date using System Restore.
    10. If the issue still remains, repeat step 9, selecting an earlier time and date.
    11. Reinstall the Operating System.

The PH317-54 speakers are connected together and have one plug connection that goes back to the audio board and plugs in with one plug, check the wire that connects to the furthest speaker that travels to the left side corner (when the under cover is removed) to see if that wire is not damaged and/or either speakers are not damaged? Internal speakers cones do deteriorate and don't function over time. Also make sure that the speakers plugs at audio board is plugged in properly and making full contact and/or the speakers function 100% if not replace them. Good luck and hope this helps.

• sidzim
    Thank You on your effort, but I think that my problems are drivers. Last few days I have managed to reinstall my drivers and after first reboot to stop further installation. After that I hear sound.