MX250 GTA V on 60FPS..

ianjairus
ianjairus Member Posts: 74 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited May 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi! My PC have a MX250 GPU and I wonder if I can Grand Theft Auto V in 60FPS? TY! 😊

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• ianjairus
    My screen is at 1366x768. And when I run RivaTuner on my GTA V it just running at 1-15FPS with all low settings... Pls help..... And I have a question about the benchmark.. On the Shared Memory it said no but in my Task Manager there's a Shared Memory graph there.. And I have one more question.. Why my GPU, its temp reaches 85C in just a Minecraft. There is no shader yet. Meanwhile, on my other PC (which is broken) my Minecraft with shader and max settings, it was only at 65C. Is there any prob with the thermal paste or the MX250 is so weak that it can't run MC in 60 FPS?

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    minecraft shaders are a pain, first thing to check is are the games running on the intel GPU or the MX gpu? 

Run it in a window to see which, the ammount of ram may be a problem though, it looks like you are almost out of ram not runing anything!
  • ianjairus
    GTA V
    RAM: around 87%
    GPU: MX250
    GPU Temp: 69C
    Ave. FPS: 9
    Settings: Low

Minecraft: Java Edition
    RAM: Around 89%
    GPU: MX250
    GPU Temp: 78 - 88C
    Ave. FPS: 15
    Setting: Med-Low
    *Running on Optifine but with no shaders. Just the normal MC..

And I'm running Mozilla Firefox with 6 tabs open when I screen shot it....
  • Leostat
    What's the gpu use while in the game? And does it show the page file being used in task manager?
  • ianjairus
    edited May 2021
    Everytime I play a game, the GPU usage is always in 99%
  • Leostat
    That's odd 🤔 can you run it in a window and post the view of the process tab and gpu tabs with GTA5 on, and does the Nvidia gpu usage indicator have the GTA5 exe in it?

And just to check this is with it plugged in and fully charged
  • ianjairus
    Sadly I don't have a screenshot because GTA V is crashing my system due to Overheating but before it crashed yes! It's in the Nvidia GPU usage...
  • Leostat
    What's the processor? And it could be the very limited ram I guess :(
  • ianjairus
    I have a Intel(R) Core i3-10110U CPU @ 2.10GHz.. Well maybe... Cuz i have a 4GB Ram.. I'm already planning for an RAM upgrade but not now cuz there is no stock on the PC repair shop near me....
  • ianjairus
    UPDATE! I request in PC Express to change the Thermal Paste/Pad in my PC and I think it help... Here is my FPS and Temp in the 2 games I mentioned.. GTA V Is stuck in 30FPS because if I turn the V-Sync off, the temp is rising... But it's still playable .... Minecraft: Java Edition is now using atleast 80FPS... With light shaders and max settings... I have a question about the GTA V, my settings in in DX10 and also on the commandline. But here in Rivatuner, it's syaing D3DX11.. How  can I fix that?
  • ianjairus
    How can I fix this Low Render like performance of GTA V?