indicator light problem Aspire 5

masba
masba Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2020 in Aspire Laptops
i am using acer acer Aspire 5
A515_51G_59ux,i have a problem,,, when i startt my laptop the blue colour indicator light not turn on..but when the laptop sleeping mood the same light turn on orange colour...the same thing when change laptop indicator light on..finishing change indicate light of...

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    This appears to be a blue LED hardware issue. The blue power LED has probably either loosened at a solder joint or become defective. The orange power LED (blinking while in sleep mode) is still OK.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• masba
    masba Member Posts: 2 New User
    my laptop blue indicator light not turn on...still
  • JackE
    Sorry. Blue LED has failed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AhmedHassan27
    AhmedHassan27 Member Posts: 21

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Sorry. Blue LED has failed. Jack E/NJ
    So what is the solution in this case? Mine aspire 3 has this issue too
  • AhmedHassan27

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    This appears to be a blue LED hardware issue. The blue power LED has probably either loosened at a solder joint or become defective. The orange power LED (blinking while in sleep mode) is still OK.  Jack E/NJ

Did you manage to fix it?
  • JackE
    Depending on the full model number, the LED or power button board would need to be replaced. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AhmedHassan27

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Depending on the full model number, the LED or power button board would need to be replaced. Jack E/NJ
    Model ASPIRE 3 A315 
  • AhmedHassan27

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    you said the led need to be replaced and now the board itself what?!!
  • JackE
    Yes, depending on the model, the LED or the power button board. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AhmedHassan27

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Yes, depending on the model, the LED or the power button board. Jack E/NJ

Model Name: A315-23-R9HA

Part Number: NX.HVUEM.00A

• AhmedHassan27

Tinkerer

masba said:
    i am using acer acer Aspire 5
    A515_51G_59ux,i have a problem,,, when i startt my laptop the blue colour indicator light not turn on..but when the laptop sleeping mood the same light turn on orange colour...the same thing when change laptop indicator light on..finishing change indicate light of...
    Did you solve this issue?!
  • JackE
    >>> A315-23-R9HA>>>

Your model seems to have two blue power LED indicators. A blue LED for the power key itself  on the power buttton board. And also a blue power on LED on the right side. Have one or both blue power indicator LEDs failed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AhmedHassan27

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>> A315-23-R9HA>>>

Your model seems to have two blue power LED indicators. A blue LED for the power key itself  on the power buttton board. And also a blue power on LED on the right side. Have one or both blue power indicator LEDs failed? Jack E/NJ
    Yes it has two leds one for battery status is good blue when it’s fully charged and orange while charging but the problem as following the other led refers to pc status it should be blue as long as it is on but as mentioned it turned to orange in sleep mode .. so my problem is with the blue color I don’t know if it is a diode problem or the signal not deliver to front panel 
  • JackE
    Sorry. Not what I mean. Not the battery LED.

The power button itself has a blue LED when fully powered. And the power status LED on the right side has a blue LED when fully powered (not sleep). Are both the power button and power status lit? (Not battery LED) What color are both power LEDs when fully powered? (not sleep) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AhmedHassan27

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Sorry. Not what I mean. Not the battery LED.

The power button itself has a blue LED when fully powered. And the power status LED on the right side has a blue LED when fully powered (not sleep). Are both the power button and power status lit? (Not battery LED) What color are both power LEDs when fully powered? (not sleep) Jack E/NJ
    No this model does not have a led on the power button it has only two leds on the right side of the metal body 
  • JackE
    OK. Is side power status LED (not battery charge LED) orange, blue or unlit when fully powered(not sleep)? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AhmedHassan27

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    OK. Is side power status LED (not battery charge LED) orange, blue or unlit when fully powered(not sleep)? Jack E/NJ
    Unlit always off 
  • AhmedHassan27

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    But when in sleep mode blinking orange 
  • JackE
    Does the blue LED light up if you enter hibernation mode? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AhmedHassan27

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Does the blue LED light up if you enter hibernation mode? Jack E/NJ
    No unf no light in hibernation mode