Hrishi10 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Laptop Specs:
AMD Quad Core Ryzen 5 3550h (2.1GHz)
GeForce GTX 1650
1TB HDD
Windows 10 OS
16GB RAM

The CPU temp of my laptop on High Performance profile rises upto 65-75°C even when idle. 
During gaming, the temperature goes above 80°C and in most scenarios hits the 90°C mark as well which is really concerning.

However on Balanced and Balanced(Acer Optimized) mode, there is no such issue and the CPU temperature stays below 80°C everytime. BUT, the performance is quite low and I can experience lags in the game sometimes. 

I have tried turning off the turbo boost by setting processor power management to 99% from 100% but it doesn't help me with performance. It only trades off performance for low cpu temps. So practically, I'm not able to experience good lag-free gaming without my cpu temps hitting more than 80°C. 
I have also tried limiting the temperature to 80°C using Ryzen controller it prevents the laptop from performing at it's best. 

I have seen people using the same laptop on Youtube and playing games without any thermal throlling issues nor performance issues whatsoever. Even on high performance profile, their cpu temps stay below 80°C and offer the best performance.

Can somebody help me out here with this?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• EvilMorty
    EvilMorty Member Posts: 43 Devotee WiFi Icon
    You have to the repaste the CPU and GPU. If its under warranty you can ask Acer to do it for you . If not, you can do it yourself. Just watch some youtube videos. Its pretty easy. Also you need to clean the air vents. I am providing you the link for the video showing how to clean the vents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB39PPoHBpo
  • Rishav3820
    Rishav3820 Member Posts: 3 New User
    See if your lappie is old like 1year then go to service center and ask them for servicing or else place thermocol blocks under your pc so it will give a better air flow i have myself tested it out and it works 

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Hrishi10,

May I know the model name of your unit.
  • Hrishi10
    Hrishi10 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Easwar said:
    Hi Hrishi10,

May I know the model name of your unit.
    Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43
  • tuiter34
    tuiter34 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Yes really I am facing the similar issue in my device and because I am a new user so I have no idea to solve it please help me to solve this issue any guide will be appreciated !
  • SandipPaikrao
    SandipPaikrao Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same laptop . mine having worse issue recently it went above 105 and shutdown and now im force keep it in powe saving mode if change to balace or any mode it is going above 90 in idle. it is two year old.