SSD specs? - AN515-52-53G3

RiaanS
RiaanS Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited April 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hi, 

I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52-53G3 laptop (i5 8300h, GTX 1050) that came with a standard 1TB HDD (no SSD).

I've been searching online to find the exact specs for an SSD upgrade that will be compatible with my laptop? I have found some topics that mention the AN515-52, but not my AN515-52-53G3 model.

Does all AN515-52 models use the same motherboards, therefore the same SSD specs? 

Will I be able to upgrade my HDD to a newer SSD version like a 1TB NVMe PCIe Gen 4.0, or will my system only support a Gen 3.0? Will my system support a NVMe SSD at all?

I'm not an expert in IT, but understand the basics and are able to do the installation myself. Will I need to buy a SSD that comes with a heatsink, or does my laptop have one built in (haven't ever opened the back panel)?

My son uses this laptop mainly for gaming (Fortnite, Minecraft, Epic & Steam games) and it is starting to lag more and more, therefore the SSD upgrade (think the 8GB Ram is OK for now?). 

Please advise what the min. (for gaming) and max. (my system will support) specs for a SSD will be that I should be on the lookout for when buying a new SSD for this system. Any brand and or model suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I'm based in South Africa.

//Edited the content to add model name on title.​​

Best Answers

Answers

This discussion has been closed.