Wifi icon disappeared after Insyder software firmware update 5.42.16 4/20/2021

After amazingly and successfully updated the Insyde Sofware Firmware 5.42.1.6 4/20/2021 on my TravelMate Bios b.1.06 Ms Win 10 64 Bit Business Edition. Processor 11th Gen Core i7 1165G7 @2.80Ghz and 16 Gb Ram, 512 SSD HD, Intel Iris Xe Graphics card... my WIFI disappeared completely. What a frustration, when happen exactly when I needed my computer most? 

I haven not buy an acer computer since twenty years ago because always had a cheap quality design, and I never like it. Two weeks ago, I decided to give it a try... well I am disappointed, seem like they still being cheap with their solutions!! 

Anyways, I had to suck it up... Any one have a tip how to fix this? Go back to the old firmware update? should i?

Answers

• FrustratedAc3rUser
    FrustratedAc3rUser Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

What I did to resolve the problem, I updated the BIOS from 1.06 to 1.08 and boom, the Wifi LAN came up to live. Fiu! good. 

but sill I am unsatisfied with Acer. The very same day that I tried to register my account with Acer, it was impossible to register, then after a week or so, I got an email from Acer thanking me ands saying welcome to the Acer community.  I am , like, when did it happen? I could not even register my account because the services were not available, and suddenly.. yes I was registered! what?

Then, the silly finger print port on the side, is a joke. it does not recognize ANY finger. why? 

• FrustratedAc3rUser
    FrustratedAc3rUser Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Forgot to mention that I needed to re-reset my password TWO TIMES in order to be able to access the "community forum". the first time I saved the password and I was sure it will work, then after trying to log in, guess what.. you needed to register and accept their "agreement", well the silly "Accept" or "continue green botton" was just not moving forward, and never did it!!!!!! -

so many things with one company. so bad!!