Acer Customer Service MIA and Repair Status

Chris517
Chris517 Member Posts: 1 New User
I shipped my monitor in for service under warranty about 3 weeks ago and it arrived damaged. This turned into a UPS claim, which has been taking longer then expected and Acer has been holding the monitor for authorization to proceed when the claim is finalized. The hold date for my monitor was extended to the 15th at which point in time I attempted to reach out to notify them I had not received a final ruling from UPS yet. Unfortunately I have been unable to get in contact with Acer via email or phone for over a week now and they have been 100% non-responsive. Has anyone else been experiencing this? Customer service seemed top notch initially and its non-existent to the point where I don't know if I will ever receive my monitor back...

Comments

• dtwj0892
    dtwj0892 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've been dealing with it over the past 5/6 weeks, sent my laptop for warranty, and was told repeatedly by the acer staff that they would contact me(which they did not until I reached out to them myself) the first time I sent it for repairs. After getting it back, it turns out that a screen problem I reported was not only not fixed, but the problem also got worse and happened more consistently. I sent it back again and was told it would be done within a week, but of course, that week turned into 2, which I only found out about because I emailed them. And finally to top it off, at the end of the week, I was given a number to call to verify my delivery address, which no one answered after calling multiple times, and that ended in my number being blocked(presumably, because the call just ends the second its done dialling).

In summary, Acer's customer support is an absolute waste of time, at least from my recent experience. If you could, I'd suggest for you to go down to the service center and ask for your monitor back, because that's what I had to do with my laptop.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Chris517 said:
    I shipped my monitor in for service under warranty about 3 weeks ago and it arrived damaged. This turned into a UPS claim, which has been taking longer then expected and Acer has been holding the monitor for authorization to proceed when the claim is finalized. The hold date for my monitor was extended to the 15th at which point in time I attempted to reach out to notify them I had not received a final ruling from UPS yet. Unfortunately I have been unable to get in contact with Acer via email or phone for over a week now and they have been 100% non-responsive. Has anyone else been experiencing this? Customer service seemed top notch initially and its non-existent to the point where I don't know if I will ever receive my monitor back...

Hi Chris517,

I am sorry to hear about the experience you’re having with contacting our Acer call center support department for assistance, can you please send me a 
    private message and provide me with the serial number or Case ID number, so I can go ahead and get the message to our support team for follow-up. Please keep in mind that you can check the warranty status by inputting your serial number here and you can also check the status of the repair and retrieve the progress information by inputting the Case ID number here.

Thank you for your interest and participation in the Acer Support Forums. I hope hearing from you soon. 

Regards,

Acer-Manny