SF314-42 doesn't wake up from sleep mode, Windows restarts instead, please help!

12345679»

Answers

• kirmgrauza
    kirmgrauza Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited March 2021
    Nice. Thank you Acer!
  • simlist
    simlist Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2021
    Mine seems to be working now with new bios (1.09) and wsl2. It's going to sleep and waking up as it should. Thank you all for keeping us updated.
  • Captain_Champi
    Captain_Champi Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Seems that the problem is solved! Great news!
    Have a nice day everyone, this nightmare that was several months long is gone! :blush:
  • AnimeshSahu
    AnimeshSahu Member Posts: 30 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Hi again, I guess my pc is getting to hibernation instead since few days, I guess I did changed the function key behavior from media to function nothing else in the bios settings.

Is there any bug? I have changed the setting of lid close to sleep, but it is still going to hibernation.
  • JaimeDLH
    JaimeDLH Member Posts: 43 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited March 2021
    Hi again, I guess my pc is getting to hibernation instead since few days, I guess I did changed the function key behavior from media to function nothing else in the bios settings.

Is there any bug? I have changed the setting of lid close to sleep, but it is still going to hibernation.
    I haven't noticed any bug with the sleep function since the BIOS update. You might want to check your energy plan; mine is set up so that after 720 minutes (12 hours) of inactivity (or 3 hours if on battery), the computer hibernates; I've checked and that works OK. If the computer is asleep for less than 12 (or 3) hours, it stays asleep, and after that, it hibernates.

• AnimeshSahu
    JaimeDLH said:

I haven't noticed any bug with the sleep function since the BIOS update. You might want to check your energy plan; mine is set up so that after 720 minutes (12 hours) of inactivity (or 3 hours if on battery), the computer hibernates; I've checked and that works OK. If the computer is asleep for less than 12 (or 3) hours, it stays asleep, and after that, it hibernates.

Yes, I do have it:

Don't know why its going to hibernate as soon as I put the lid ¯\_()_/¯
  • AnimeshSahu
    Welp, seems like it works fine if I change it to never (0). :open_mouth:  :)
  • kirmgrauza
    So I faced Hypervisor_error once again. It appeared when I enabled Windows Defender security function. After Sleep computer turns on, but crashes at the login screen. Error report can't be compiled also. By the way, I have external monitor which is enabled on USB-C port.

Can anyone confirm this error, when Windows Defender has "Memory integrity" is enabled?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    @kirmgrauza which BIOS are you running, what is your exact model number?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AnimeshSahu
    No, I haven't faced such problems, yet I see some video memory error bsod every month after the windows update (2004/+), have to hard restart. 😌 
  • kirmgrauza
    billsey said:
    @kirmgrauza which BIOS are you running, what is your exact model number?
    I use 1.09A_A version, it's SF314-42.

• @kirmgrauzaAfter updating the bios, it is recommended to access the bios, press f9 to restore it and then f10 to save and exit. In this way, some bugs that may have remained during the update will be fixed. Also try resetting the battery. Then, check to see if the problem occurs again.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • kirmgrauza
    @egydiocoelho after reseting BIOS, so far so good. Need time to test it.

• OK! Continue testing and then post the result.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • nelsonwcf
    nelsonwcf Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Guys, did anyone had problems after updating to V1.09? The suspend functionality was working with V1.08 but when I updated it to V1.09 it stopped working. To be sure, I downgraded to V1.08 and it started working again.

Did anyone had a similar problem with V1.09?
  • @nelsonwcfupdate the bios and then access the bios to restore to factory settings by pressing f9 and then f10. That way, some bugs will be fixed.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• kirmgrauza
    OK! Continue testing and then post the result.

Yes, problem persists with Windows Defender "Core Isolation" function enabled.
  • @kirmgrauzaDoes the same problem occur when reinstalling windows?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• kirmgrauza
    I haven't tried it. B
    @kirmgrauzaDoes the same problem occur when reinstalling windows?

I haven't tried it.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited June 2021

Hello to all,

This thread is now a 1yr+ old and needed to be closed due to its age, if you still have problems with your computer and want an Acer technician to diagnose and see if the units need to be repaired, you can always visit our support page of your country and under the support tab, you will find our local contact information to contact us and open a case to have the unit sent. You can also open a new thread [new question] to continue the conversation for your specific model in the correct forums that correspond's to it. We are sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.

Thank you for the patience,

Acer-Manny

This discussion has been closed.