Rgb keyboard Nitro AN517-52

Dan99
Dan99 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited April 2021 in Aspire Laptops
How do I get a full rgb keybpard for my AN517-52-52t3? I have seen photos showing it and am disappointed that mine doesn't have that keyboard.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,329 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It's possible but probably only through the ACER store since the RGB KB part nos for this model are not yet available to forum users. You can phone or use chatline and state for the 75Z3 or 77DS version of the AN517-52 model. Be forewarned however that these RGB keyboard models may be marketted primarily in other regions and so replacement parts not readily available in US. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    The RGB keyboard may be an option depending on the full model number. For example, the AN517-52-77DS is advertised with an RGB keyboard. Do you have a link to the 52T3 model that's advertised with this keyboard? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dan99
    This is a photo 
  • JackE
    Yes, I see the photo but I don't see its full model number. Only that it's from the A517-52 series. Do you have the advertising link for this photo? For example, this link shows the full model number AN517-52-75Z3 or ACER part no. NH.Q8JEK.001. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/model/NH.Q8JEK.001     This particular model apparently has the optional RGB KB.

But your full model number is AN517-52-52T3 or ACER part no. NH.Q82AA.001   . The datasheet for your model is in this link. I can only find that it's a monochrome backlit KB, not equipped with the optional RGB KB.

I would expect that the RGB KB option model would cost more than a comparably equipped standard monochrome  KB model.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Sorry, that's a only a review of another model  with an optional RGB keyboard like the -77DS. It's not an advertisement for sale of your -52T3 model  which does NOT have the optional RGB keyboard. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    If it was my -52T3, I would not modify my mainboard like this due to the risk of destroying it. But it's not my -52T3. It's your's. So you must decide if you want to risk destroying your mainboard with this modification. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dan99
    So how do I get the piece they mentioned?
  • JackE
    You'll have to wait for a response from Batmalin. Send him a PM if he doesn't respond. Also remember that you must also purchase an RGB keyboard which probably will involve replacing the whole top cover. Sorry, an RGB KB is NOT a practical modification for the 52T3..  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dan99
    So JackE what is the difference between the black keys with red backlit and the white letter keyboard with rgb backlit?
  • JackE
    edited April 2021
    The 52T3 KB is monochrome single color R(ed) emitting/transmitting LEDs only. The 77DS KB has three-color R(ed), G(reen) & B(lue) LEDs. Basically no operational difference except for cosmetics and appearance. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dan99
    So could I order the keyboard?
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    It's possible but probably only through the ACER store since the RGB KB part nos for this model are not yet available to forum users. You can phone or use chatline and state for the 75Z3 or 77DS version of the AN517-52 model. Be forewarned however that these RGB keyboard models may be marketted primarily in other regions and so replacement parts not readily available in US. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ