Regarding overheating issues in Helios 300 i7 10th gen rtx 2060

the_reaper113
the_reaper113 Member Posts: 4 New User
I recently bought the product couple months back and since few days my system overheats to 85-90C while gaming. I am confused as the laptop is new and I am scared for thermal throttling my CPU. I am new to gaming setups so I don't know how to go with this. Please help with this problem.

Windows: i7 10th gen
Gfx: RTX 2060 6GB

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    Try to close any background apps while gaming.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • the_reaper113
    AnhEZ28 said:
    Try to close any background apps while gaming.
    There are no background apps running while I play the games.
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    You can try updating Nvidia GPU driver, doing Windows update. If those steps doesn't work, try contact Acer to see if they can replace the thermal paste.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • invador0007
    invador0007 Member Posts: 134 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    One of my friend had the same issue and when we replaced the thermal paste thinking it would be the cause (sure it was) but other than that we found plastic film were not even removed from some of the thermal pads, shows how lousy the quality control of acer is. If you are not comfortable taking look by yourself then get thermal paste and pad changed from service center.
  • Fuiyo88
    Fuiyo88 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 2021
    I recently bought the product couple months back and since few days my system overheats to 85-90C while gaming. I am confused as the laptop is new and I am scared for thermal throttling my CPU. I am new to gaming setups so I don't know how to go with this. Please help with this problem.

Windows: i7 10th gen
    Gfx: RTX 2060 6GB

Hi, I have the same overheating issue as you. My Helios 300 specs are (i7 - 10870h / RTX 2060) and it hits almost 94 Celsius while gaming, and try to undervolt but it failed. Luckily I found a video on youtube that can solve the overheating issue and the temperature drop from max 93 Celsius to max 71 Celsius, here's the link

(https://youtu.be/06akfKKZyxo)
  • the_reaper113
    One of my friend had the same issue and when we replaced the thermal paste thinking it would be the cause (sure it was) but other than that we found plastic film were not even removed from some of the thermal pads, shows how lousy the quality control of acer is. If you are not comfortable taking look by yourself then get thermal paste and pad changed from service center.
    I have bios 1.08 it does not allow me to undervolt my CPU and i get constant high temps. I dont know what to do. My laptop is new and i dont want to brick the system.