Acer Z35 just died, It still turns on but there is no picture, not even no signal sign.

youNOR
youNOR Member Posts: 6 New User
edited July 2023 in Predator Monitors
Hello. So i was just in the middle of the game and my screen started to go green from the right side to left and then just black. It still turns on but there is no picture, not even no signal sign. I was hoping it would atleast show me the menu but that doesn't work also. I tried to reset it from reading posts but still not working. When it turns on the light is blue for like 10 seconds then it switches to yellow. It's around 3,5 years old. Anyone knows what could be wrong? 
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    First is to make sure you've done the power reset fully. Disconnect all cables, including the power, then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds or so. Wait a few minutes and plug things back in. Turn on the power. If you see the Acer splash screen then things should be good, if it still doesn't appear wait until the computer has come up fully and try shining a flashlight on the screen from an angle. Do you see faint indications of the normal display? If so the backlight might be bad. If there's nothing visible then it's likely a bigger failure and needs to go to a shop for repair. At 3.5 years it's not under warranty but it wouldn't hurt to get an estimate for repair costs.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • youNOR
    So yeah pretty much acer wanted me to send the monitor for repair telling me 100 things that could be wrong. At the end it's just a bad T-CON board. Which i quess by reading most of the posts have the same problem. And then i called Acer for a new one gave them all info and a picture of a T-CON board but still Acer technician knows that this is not a problem and he wants to sell me other part that i don't even need. Never again buying acer monitor or anything. 
  • billsey
    What do you mean by "T-CON Board"? There isn't a board with that description in the FRU list. Likely that's why the customer service rep was pointing at a different part.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • youNOR
    I don't understand how Acer doesn't even know what they have in their monitor. This link https://www.ebay.com/itm/Acer-Z35P-Monitor-T-CON-Board-TS-5535M01C02-M350DVR01-0-/174341860163 is a T-Con board for Z35P monitor. Which is a bit different from a Z35 one but how do you contact Acer and they want to sell you a part that doen't even go for this monitor. I've send them a picture of the part and they tell me that is not the part i need. Hello? It's a part that died in my monitor and i removed it to get the serial from it and to take a photo for them. But i guess that part doesn't exist for this monitor and nobody in Acer doesn't know what a T-COB BOARD is. Which is also called Controller Board or just Control Board. 
  • billsey
    Here's the relevant page from Acer Service Guide. I don't see any boards that match that one, but they might be showing us the other side:

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi youNOR,

Try to connect this monitor with other devices and check the display. 
  • youNOR
    Alright Billsey i don't know what those parts are for even. I don't have a single one of those parts in my monitor. These are all the parts in my Acer Predator Z35 monitor.
  • youNOR
    Plus here is the link for the part i need that i found but i can't get it from America.https://www.ebay.com/itm/Acer-XZ350CU-T-con-M350DVR01-0-35M01-C00-TS-5535M01C02-/283485045453

• billsey
    OK, that part is not for a Z35, it's for an XZ350... The Acer part number is: 55.T3YM3.001. Double check please to see what model you actually have.
  • scavengerZ
    scavengerZ Member Posts: 1 New User

I have all these parts in my acer z35p - and the same problem. A blue light that stays solid and nothing else. Plugging the HDMI cord will show the monitor as a display, but i cannot read any of the DDC/CI data. I get an error " 0xc026258d the operating system asynchronously destroyed the monitor.. " Or there was an error trying to communicate on the I2C bus.

Signs of life are the blue light, and when plugging the monitor in, the two LEDs on the gsync module light up, one green one red, for a half second, then all goes dark. Thermals dont show any heat anywhere on the board at all. I checked the continuity between the ground and a bunch of locations on the board and not seeing any disconnects.

Is there a common failure part on this monitor/board? There was a power outage at the house, after this the monitor never turned back on. ive already purchased another, but restoring this to service would be helpful for another in the house.

• erikjonvan
    erikjonvan Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited February 4

Acer is complete trash. Disgusting company. What absolute trash. 64 huge pages of nothing but issue with their products and not a single person able to get any support for their products.