How is the SF314-52G-55 CELERON CPU as a student laptop for word documents, movies, youtube ?

OrcidSamuel1OrcidSamuel1 Member Posts: 1 New User

I am having heavy debates with myself as to what laptop I should buy. It is out of either that Acer Swift 1 which I can ship here from my country, the Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576G-5762 OR the Acer Swift 3 SF314-52G-55WQ both shipped from Amazon US. The problem I face is that I am in Australia and with the research I have done, the Acer Aspire seems to win out despite its apparently bad screen having off colours and brightness among other quality control issues I read about.

I could go for the Swift 3 but it does cost a bit more and I could easily run into the same problem as with the Acer Aspire being that IF I do get a defect or something goes wrong, I will be screwed as I've been led to believe there is no warranty support or anything that can be done for a replacement etc. This is why I'm considering the Acer Swift 1 however after doing some research I have discovered that the Celeron CPU is quite under-powered so I am worrying about making a mistake in purchasing it... Is this particular model of Celeron decent? I know the swift 1 came out only a few months ago so perhaps its capable of running a few things without exploding? Hmm lets say... Microsoft word, reddit/youtube +a movie on VLC or and hearthstone open. I am definitely suspecting this would be too much but hey I can only speculate... :( Any help would be great. thank you. Oh I am taking recommendations on laptops too if possible thanks!!

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

FAQ & Answers