SFG14-73T-98EX. Inconsistent touchpad and keyboard responsiveness on acer laptop

dayangmaziah1211
dayangmaziah1211 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 18 in Swift and Spin Series

I am having problems with my newly purchased ACER laptop.

Here are the problems faced in these 1 month:

1. Touchpad is not responsive but keyboard is working on some occasion
  2. Keyboard is not responsive but touchpad is working on some occasion

This happens for more than 3 times in less than a month of purchasing the laptop. The problem went away once I have restarted the laptop.

Please help me with this as I don't want to have this issue to repeat many times throughout my journey of using ACER laptop in years to come.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail on the title]

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,003 Trailblazer

Hi @dayangmaziah1211 please indicate the exact model of your computer and the version of Windows.
    First of all, you have to go to Windows Update and update the computer, have you done so?
    Have you downloaded and installed any application or driver that is not provided by Acer?
    Have you run any kind of Windows cleaning or modification application?

Regards.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer

Also try an let us know what apps are running when the issue appears. Typically that type of performance issue shows up when the system gets bogged down. Other than you having an Acer laptop, we can't give you much more advice without knowing just which one it is. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • dayangmaziah1211
    dayangmaziah1211 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi guys, my laptop model is swiftgo 14 and my serial no is SFG14-73T-98EX.

I dont have much installed.

Now im having more issues where this issue is getting worse.

Now the laptop just freezes, i cant force it to shut down. Both The touchpad and keyboard is not responding.

Tried holding the power button for 1 minute and nothing happened.

The only way i can do is to let the battery dies off

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,003 Trailblazer

Do you have Windows 11, which is the system included in the device?

Due to the problems you mention and being a new device, I advise you to contact the seller or Acer's warranty services.

Greetings.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer

Yes, definitely time to go the warranty route. Your seller will be fastest, since they will just replace the machine. If you have to go with Acer they will do a repair instead.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.