Help with CPU cooler on PO3-640 I don’t know if it would fit.

TonyN
TonyN Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2023 in Predator Desktops

Hi everyone! I recently bought this PC and it performs well, however my CPU gets toasty. Now, I read a lot of posts on here and it seems everyone is recommending the Noctua U9S as an upgrade over the stock cooler. The problem is, I cannot find it with LGA 1700 socket anywhere in my country for some odd reason. I searched a lot and seems like most coolers wouldn’t fit, so if anyone uses a different cooler, please give me suggestions. I found the Noctua D12L, but I don’t know if it would fit. It’s a bit overkill for an i5 12000F, but it is what it is.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• TonyN

It’s a 12400F*

• ske007
    ske007 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

does it get toasty when your gaming or is it all the time ?

• TonyN

It’s just when gaming, but it’s still sitting at around 45-50 degrees when idle, which is kind of high, considering it’s rather cold in my room and it’s doing absolutely nothing. It reaches well over 90 degrees under load and usually sits around 85-90 when on manual mode, but it then sounds like an old vacuum cleaner, which drives me crazy. It’s definitely not faulty, just that the stock cooler is garbage.

• anawilliam850
    anawilliam850 Member Posts: 56 Devotee WiFi Icon

It's possible that the Noctua D12L could fit your i5 12000F and be a suitable replacement for the stock cooler, but it's recommended to verify compatibility with your system first. You could check the specifications of your motherboard to ensure that it will fit, and also make sure that there is enough clearance for the height of the cooler in your case. Additionally, some coolers may require additional mounting hardware, so it's important to check for compatibility with your motherboard as well. Other alternative coolers you could consider include the be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 or the Cooler Master Hyper 212.