Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 Charger Problem?

Craios
Craios Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited February 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Greetins, my friends.

I have an Acer Nitro 5 model AN515-55-59MT

After two weeks of not using him, I used today and noticed that the notebook isn't recognizing the charge. The windows icon remains unchanged as I plug or unplug the charge in the notebook.

There's two LEDS in the notebook, one that indicates if the computer is ON and another that indicates if the charger is connected. This charger LED remains unchanged. Used to be an ember light.

I'll test the charger today at night with a multimeter. There is a chance that the problem isn't the charger?

PS: It isn't on warranty anymore.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,735 Pathfinder

@Craios

Disconnect the charger , than press and hold the power button until the lights go off. Than connect the charger and power on..

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Craios

Tinkerer

Hi, Jack.

It didn't work. The notebook still doesn't recognize the charger and the amber light doest not show.

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon

The charger is ok?

Charge the battery 24 hours until charging led keeps blue. If that doesn't help, your battery could be deeply discharged. Then the best thing to do is to renew the battery.

• Craios

Tinkerer

Just to add some context: the battery has a little charge in it yet (about 30%). The notebook is turning on normally, but no sign of the charger when I connect.

I dont know if the charger is ok. I'll test with a multimeter .