Acer Predator Helios 500 PH517-51 black screen & weird repeating sound!

Fawzy_Ozzy
Fawzy_Ozzy Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 2023 in Predator Laptops

my laptop is Predator helios 500 PH517-51. it's been years since i bought my laptop and few months ago it starts to make this weird behavior:

When i press the power button trying to open my laptop, i hear the starting sound of any acer laptop but i don't see the predator logo that appear in the beginning and i start to hear a big weird repeating sound coming from my laptop. that makes me turn it off and when i press the power to turn it off it shutdown immediately.

I have uploaded a video on youtube recording my laptop and what happens when i do that. I need you guys to hear that sound and i hope you guys help me and tell me what is that ?

https://youtube.com/shorts/-Wdc-cEZp-s

Btw sometimes after a few minutes when i try to open it again it opens normally without any problem. and my screen also sometimes needs me to move it forward and backward in order to work, so it sometimes go dark and keep blinking till i move it forward and backward so that it stay still.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Hello! Have you checked the edp cable yet? Does the acer logo not appear on an external monitor as well?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)