RAM / BIOS saw that there is no way to unlock it and I wouldn't use a third party software.

Claus200
Claus200 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2023 in Nitro Gaming

My laptop came with a 16GB RAM. When I bought it I didn't look on all the specifications if it's the same with the specifications said in the website I bought it and only now found out that I have 1600mhz instead of 3200mhz on it. I tried to go into BIOS and change it, but it looks locked. I saw that there are no way to unlock it and I wouldn't use a third party software. I still have the warranty available. Should I send it to warranty? It will be the 4th time I send it. First it was thermal throttle and keyboard change, then audio broken, then again audio broken and now this.

I want to mention that I wanted to just change the RAM completely. Like buy a kit of 2x 16GB 3200mhz when I discovered in the cpu-z that the one I have it's 1600 instead of 3200.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Hi,

Your 3200MHz module showing as 1600MHz in CPU-z because it's in dual channel mode, 2x1600= 3200MHz, could you please post the CPU-z Memory tab picture to confirm this.

• Claus200
    edited February 2023

It's only one slot of RAM and only one channel. But maybe I'm wrong so here is the image:

• the frequency is multiplied by 2. change the power plan to high performance and then check the MEMORY tab again.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Claus200

It is in high performance. Both nitro sense and power plan on control panel. All options on performance. Tried changing to balance then again high performance, still 1600 says. I still feel like it's limited from BIOS that is locked. I'm already tired of giving it to warranty but I just want to know if it's eligible to send it for this (even if I think it is as I paid for 3200 not 1600 witch goes to product in non conformity with what I paid for).

• Try downloading an older version of cpuz and compare the information.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder

Egydiocoelho is on the nose with the half speed thing, It's nothing to do with the plan, the ram runs at DDR , double data rate so it's running at 3200 :). The "real" speed is 1600MHz but it can do 2 transfers per request, so for example in my pc

So i have the HyperX Impact DDR4 HX429S17IB2K2/16 2933 kit , but it shows running at 1468 as thats the normal "speed" , you double it to get the DDR rate. Its why they swapped to MTs , as the MHz was always an infered "fake" speed

It is normal for the speed to show as half, its not the UEFI. And the singal / Dual channel is just how much can be access at once, the registered speed will be the same, but it will be able to access both sticks at the same time. You also then have if its single rank or dual rank, but that effects speeds, but far less than the channels and the speed

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited February 2023

Yes, you are correct. The clock pulse has to be multiplied by 2. I already knew that too. He can confirm using the task manager:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer