XR343CKP: KVM-Switch? does the XR343CKP offer any kind of KVM?

Isnogut
Isnogut Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2023 in Monitors

Hi,

does the XR343CKP offer any kind of KVM? Can I connect a set of keyboard and mouse and share them to multiple devices connected via DP/HDMI?

Thanks in advance! :)

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084

@Isnogut

Checked the service manual designed for your monitor. Unable to see anything about kvm switch for this monitor. The link given below says it doesnt have the kvm switch but you can switch it manually using usb.

Kindly go through the details from the link given below

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/m1t66b/acer_xr343ck_p_mini_review_predator_x34gs_34/

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Isnogut
    Isnogut Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

that is strange. Here in Germany the XR343CKP is marketed with "KVM" at quite a few stores.

Just one example:

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

It is possible they did a KVM version for some locales and not for others. I don't find any hints of there being a KVM switch included in any of the USA versions.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Mark1337
    Mark1337 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited June 2023

I own a XR343CKP. It does support 2 USB inputs (1 normal USB and 1 USB-C) and you can attach mouse / keyboard / … to the outputs. However it does not 'switch' automatically. Every time you need to go through the display's menu, it's 11 clicks.

The menu is only accessible when the monitor has a signal, so if your device is in standby and you want to wake it up with the keyboard but the wrong USB input is currently selected, then you are lost :-(