predator helios 300 My geforce game ready drivers is almost 6 months old and I have not updated it

Muhil
Muhil Member Posts: 458 Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited February 2023 in Acer Software

Can i Update the Game ready driver from geforce experience ?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Yarp, its recomended to update it! Id only ever revert to the Acer driver if you had issues you were trying to troubleshoot :)

Answers

• Leostat
    Answer ✓

Yarp, its recomended to update it! Id only ever revert to the Acer driver if you had issues you were trying to troubleshoot :)

• Muhil

okay thanks

should i update regularly ?

And my other question is i read an article that tells that acer modifies the driver for a laptop (oem game ready nvidea driver) and acer doesnt support that the newer game readty versions so there will be performance drops if i update my game ready driver right because acer isnt supporting it anymore right?

@Leostat @JackE @brummyfan2 @GAMING6698

• Muhil

@Leostat please reply

• Muhil

@Leostat if u know

• Leostat

It used to be the case where it was heavily modified, mainly the intel one to make things like backlight control

Sometimes when those got updated it broke stuff, but now in windows 10/11 is far less usual for them to be modified now.

Acer don't and can't support the newer drivers, but 99% of the time that's not the issue when something goes wrong, which is why you can just roll back should soemthing go wrong. Generally you will get minor performance boosts and bug fixes with the newer drivers

• Muhil

So u come to say there is no issue in updating nvidea game ready drivers?

• Muhil

@Leostat i forgot to tag u

• Muhil

@Leostat please reply am i right ?

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Yup. Update GPU drivers without any worries. You can update Intel's too as it gets applied on top of Acer's driver now in Windows 11.

Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Leostat

Yup no issues :) , if you are worried you can always create a system restore point before you update

• @Muhil

Most of the frequent driver updates have optimizations for certain games. If you want to play a certain new game, look out for a driver update that introduces optimizations for it (read release notes).

Otherwise, just update once every few months, or if you face issues after a previous update (as some updates introduce bugs that are then fixed in subsequent updates).

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Muhil

Will the drivers for my acer predator helios 300(2022 model) be updated like the graphics card driver , etc ?

I mean in the support page since its three months old

Should i keep the oem driver , its not getting updated will it be ever updated?

@GAMING6698 @Leostat @XdxD

• Muhil

@Leostat @GAMING6698 @XdxD please reply

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Install NVidia driver on top of OEM driver. Don't clean install the NVidia driver.

Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Muhil

okay this cleared my doubt thanks

• Muhil

u mean express installation right ? @XdxD

• Muhil

Please replu @XdxD

• Leostat

Please keep in mind this is a community forum! Peeps generally reply but we are not online 24/7 :)

Drivers on the support page wont be updated, they only really do that when there is a need for a OS update. When installingo you can just use the installer and let it update :) either express or custom

• Muhil

@Leostat @Leostat but @XdxD tells me not to clean install which is there in custom installation, i shld do only express installation right?

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder

@Muhil yes, do the express installation

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!