Problem installing a SSD SATA Crusial Acer Nitro 5 AN517-54-78WA What is the solution?

Lauragriet
Lauragriet Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Nitro Gaming

I have a Acer Nitro 5 AN517-54-78WA. I installed a SSD SATA drive 1TH but after intallation the Laptop won't start.

If i remove the drive the laptop works normal.

What is the solution? What is the work arround.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• Is the ssd the mx500? Is vmd controller disabled in bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Lauragriet
    Lauragriet Member Posts: 2 New User

The SSD is a Crucial MX500.

Coudn't find vmd controller in bios.

Thanks for the answer.

• For some reason the mx500 is incompatible with the vmd controller. Perform this procedure:

a) on windows, enable safeboot via msconfig and restart windows.

b) then, access the bios, go to the main tab, press ctrl+s and disable the vmd controller.

c) press f10 to save and exit and then go to power options and disable fastboot.

d) turn off the computer and install the mx500.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)