Nitro 5 N20C1 Won't Turn On with or without the battery charger connected

Cdblackwell
Cdblackwell Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2022 in Nitro Gaming

My Nitro 5 won't turn on with or without the battery charger connected. When I press the power button, the blue light comes on for 5 seconds and then goes off. I've tried to hold the power button for 9 and 15 seconds with and without the battery charger plugged in. The internal ribbon cable to the battery is getting 16.1V so it has power.

Any help would be appreciated.

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer

(1) Search 'cmd' in Windows start menu.

(2) Right click command prompt near top of menu.

(3) Click run as administrator.

(4) Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport' at command prompt.

(5) Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer.

(6) Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser.

(7) Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity.

Jack E/NJ

• Cdblackwell

Lol. I wish I could, but it won't turn on. Black screen.

• JackE

>>>My Nitro 5 won't turn on with or without the battery charger connected.>>>

Even with the battery charger connected a short press doesn't turn it on?

Jack E/NJ

• Cdblackwell

Correct. When the charger is connected, the amber light is on. With or without the charger, a short press turns the blue light on for 5 sec then nothing. Fans never turn on. Keybd & monitor have no reaction. Connecting to another monitor has no response.

• SonamSangpoLama4343
    SonamSangpoLama4343 Member Posts: 1 New User

Can you find a solution for my problems? My newly bought Acer Nitro 5 only turns on when plugged in, won't turn on without connecting the adapter.

• JackE

Shut laptop down with charge plugged in. Don't try to turn the laptop on again until the battery charge LED has turned from solid orange to solid blue. This might take up to 24 hours.

Jack E/NJ