2 processors using up cpu for no reason po3-620 I don't know what is causing it?

Darrylboio
Darrylboio Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited December 2022 in Predator Desktops

So my po3-620 has been having this pesky problem for quite some time now. These 2 processes will just randomly spike high in cpu usage and use around 15 to 20% of my cpu for no reason and dissapear after 2 minutes or 3 before returning after like 4 hours or so. Idk.

I've done rootkit scans, scanned for viruses, checkes for any suspicious installed programs, scanned for literally anything but no luck. I've even reinstalled windows but that didnt do anything. Kinda at a loss right now, this pc i got a while ago, in april. If anyone knows the answer to this please tell me, i dont want to have this pc just constantly doing this at times to me. It's annoying and i dont know what is causing it

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

Both of those are containers for other tasks, so it's tough to tell what they are actually doing. Do they show just one thing each when you expand them?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Darrylboio

Tinkerer

Well it's a bit weird since this doesn't happen to my own laptop, which comes from predator too.

It only affects my desktop pc and those 2 just spike in cpu usage for like 2 minutes or 3 before disappearing.

I've read that it could be rootkits but i'm sure of my pc being very clean.

There's absolutely no viruses on my pc, yet those 2 processes keep appearing at times and putting unneeded stress on my cpu. I can't figure out what is causing this sadly

• Darrylboio

Tinkerer

Forgot to add, when i expand the dcom server process, nothing much is shown. It shows plug and play, and 4 more other services that i forgot.

• billsey

Likely you have different apps installed on the desktop than on the laptop. Spikes like that are often caused by antivirus apps, since they run on a schedule and run pretty often. What are you using for an antivirus?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Darrylboio

Tinkerer

• Darrylboio

Tinkerer

if anyone else has encountered this and fixed it, please tell me. even updating to the most recent version of windows just won't fix it, i feel like something is corrupted in my windows system. i've got a few images that might help, i guess?

these are images of the processes randomly using up the cpu power, and i hope this can lead to a fix since i'm getting tired of this

• GuestFour
    GuestFour Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Try using an antivirus i recomend MalwareBytes

• billsey

For testing purposes, uninstall both Malwarebytes and Panda Dome, then enable only Windows Defender. See if that changes the behavior.

• Darrylboio

Tinkerer

sorry for late response, so i updated to windows 11 22h2, everything looked promising but i suddenly see that the dcom processor now goes up to around 40% and i'm getting so fed up with this, i really want some help with this since i don't have the money for a new pc at the moment, is my pc failing? is perhaps my windows severely corrupted that even repairing it won't work? i really want some answers and solutions since i'm getting incredibly tired of these issues

• Press windows+r and type msconfig. go to service tab, hide microsoft services and disable all services. then restart windows and check the behavior in the task manager.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Darrylboio

Tinkerer

will do right now, will see if this does anything.

• Darrylboio

Tinkerer

i feel like my windows might be corrupted however, i've really like tried everything i could to just solve these issues but no matter what i do, these issues keep coming back and i'm so incredibly fed up with it because i can't figure out what is causing the issue.

• Darrylboio

Tinkerer

i'd like to add that i have already reinstalled windows 3 times at this point. 2 times from local drive and one time from cloud, it seems to just be never leaving and it's very very much stressing me and my pc out.

• Darrylboio

Tinkerer

i currently am running my pc with all services enabled, malwarebytes enabled itself however but that's probably okay.

i'm not seeing dcom coming up at the moment, but i wonder if it was just services failing and maybe just restarting them would work? i have no idea, i'm not a software expert

i'd really love if like a software technician could check out my pc from afar or something, should i take my pc to a pc repair shop for them to check it? i really just want my pc to work for a good few more months long enough till i can get my own custom pc..

• Darrylboio

Tinkerer

so i used my pc with all non microsoft services disabled for a bit, fan speeds were a lot higher.

enabled them all and dcom is instantly back. what do i do??

• billsey

DCOM is used by a whole bunch of different things, and typically each runs on it's own thread, so having it running doesn't really tell much. You likely have it running a dozen or more times.

• Darrylboio

Tinkerer

I sorta had enough with these problems so i'm going to be backing up my stuff and letting windows wipe my pc completely clean probably at this point, maybe this will fix it

• Darrylboio

Tinkerer

I've rolled windows back to 10, all prepackaged stuff is gone but the issue is eliminated, i guess it was just windows 11

• Darrylboio

Tinkerer

well my issue is gone, i'm happy and my pc is too. no more problems.