RGB backlight setting changes to the default blue bug Predator XB273UNV

CreativeX
CreativeX Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited December 2022 in Predator Monitors

Hi.

I have a frustrating problem with my Acer 27 Predator XB273UNV QHD IPS 170 Hz monitor. When the screen turns off from inactivity (goes to standby mode) and when I turn the screen back on by moving the mouse, my backlight setting changes to the default blue and I have to go into settings to change back to my previous backlight color and strength configure. Have to do that every time the screen goes into standby mode. Tried turning off the backlight completely, but the LED on the back still lights up when its turn on from standby. I always save my configure, and everything works fine, but i got only problem with my backlight LED.

How to solve this problem? It starting to be really annoying. Thanks.

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,458 Trailblazer

>>>I have to go into settings to change back to my previous backlight color and strength configure>>>

From the monitor's own OSD settings menu or from Windows settings menu? Phone photos of what it looks like before and after standby might be helpful.

Jack E/NJ

• CreativeX

Tinkerer

edited December 2022

Oh. From the Monitor settings menu. My RGB Light Sense doesn't work in Windows with this monitor. But here's two picture. (Yellow light is my saved setting). The blue Light picture is what its turn to after "turning monitor on" from stand-by again. And its happening every time. You can even see my monitor settings. Its set on YELLOW 2.

• JackE

>>>I always save my configure,>>>

1. Have you downloaded and installed the monitor driver yet from this link?
    2. You can also download the PDF manual if you don't have one.
    3. Was your configuration saved in the order specified in #2 below in manual?

Jack E/NJ

• CreativeX

Tinkerer

edited December 2022
    1. Yes i did that, i updated my "monitor" drivers. But it still says "not compatible with this device".
    2. Now i have read the manual, i think i need the USB cable to get the program work with my monitor. Im not sure.
    3. My configuration is saved in all Game mode and USER mode.

Thanks for supporting me.

• CreativeX

Tinkerer

Connected the USB cable, still "not found compatible device" in Light sense.

• JackE

>>>But it still says "not compatible with this device".>>>

If the PC is Win11, try installing the driver in Win10 compatibility mode.

Jack E/NJ

• CreativeX

Tinkerer

edited December 2022

i just fixed the issue with RGB Light sense application. Installed an older version of it and it runs now. This version works for me: https://global-download.acer.com/supportfiles/files/support/sourcefile/RGB_Light_Sense_Setup.zip

i will try to make stand-by mode and check if my settings is saved with RGB Light sense application.

• CreativeX

Tinkerer

edited December 2022

EDIT:

It seems to work fine with RGB Light Sense now. But it have to be turned on in the background to work. Its sad that i need an application for it to save my RGB configuration. The monitor it self should save and keep it without an app.

• JackE

Sounds like progress though. Thanks for reporting back.

Jack E/NJ

• CreativeX

Tinkerer

• CreativeX

Tinkerer

edited December 2022

UPDATE

This application "RGB Light Sense" did not solve my problem at all. Still same issue as before. The monitor restarts the RGB and goes back to light blue when i turn it on from stand-by. Here's a pic with my RGB SETTINGS. (red) color, but the monitor is still lighting blue after stand-by. This makes me frustrated. - And yes, the application is 24/7 running in the background. I have to "re accept" the setting to make it work again EVERY TIME I TURN ON THE MONITOR BY PRESSING A KEY OR MOVING A MOUSE. This software (bios) in my monitor is trash.

• CreativeX

Tinkerer

heres a video how it going to stand-by with red RGB, then when i touch the mouse to turn it on again, it changes to default.

• JackE

While the manual is poorly written, I saw this extraneious note on the OSD lock/unlock function that might be relevant.?

Note:
    OSD Locked:

Set the OSD Lock to "On" by the OSD option and press "Enter" to execute the All Key lock function.  The "OSD Locked" message will be displayed in the middle of the screen.  LED lights will be changed from blue light to orange light.  Press any Key screen to prompt "OSD Locked" message.

OSD Unlocked:

In normal display condition to press the "Navi Key" in the middle of more than 3 seconds to trigger "OSD Unlock".  The "OSD Unlock" message will be displayed in the middle of the screen. LED lights will be restored to blue light.

Jack E/NJ

• CreativeX

Tinkerer

thank you for reply. I tried the OSD Lock, but the problem is still there. Well i have to live with it i guess. After a long time it starting to be annoying, but i think i just need to accept that sadly. . .

• JackE

>>>When the screen turns off from inactivity (goes to standby mode)>>>

Does LED stay lit, change color, and/or steadily blink after screen turns off?

Jack E/NJ

• CreativeX

Tinkerer

its turns off.

here's a new link to my video, how it work. im recording from the moment it goes to standby>>> then i turn it on again

https://streamable.com/fs9ut6

• JackE

>>>>its turns off>>>

Then something seems amiss. It's acting like it's powering down. The LED should turn orange or blinking orange in standby or sleep mode. From the manual---"Turns the monitor on/off. Blue indicates power on. Amber indicates standby/ power saving mode/OSD locked."

Manual or specsheets are hazy on if OSD menu settings are maintained with a CMOS coin cell like a BIOS chip menu. Or simply revert to default if power is lost or with no/bad coin cell.

Jack E/NJ

• CreativeX

Tinkerer

the led under the monitor a little dot is actually lighting yellow when its going in standby, but u cant see it cuz its under the "edge". I will try to make whole monitor to default settings and try.

• JackE

While the manuals are often generically applied to different models, the LED should be specifically associated with having standby power or NOT having standby power. Accordingly, this likely should NOT be a hidden LED indicator. And it should always be lit one color or another if having standby power.

It should be like a TV set LED indicator that's right out front, not hidden from view. It should always lit if it's getting power.. Lit one color or blinking in standby/sleep mode. And lit another color or not blinking when it's active. It should only change color by either pressing TV power button or its TV remote power button. But should not be unlit, unless power to its TV mainboard truly lost.

Jack E/NJ

• CreativeX

Tinkerer

edited December 2022

well. i see what u mean. But in this case, my monitor has a led indicator right under the edge as i said, and i can only see it when its really dark, or just look under the monitor. And the led is steady yellow in standby. However, the funny thing about my "Backlight" problem is that if i TURN OFF my monitor and just re-power it again the Backlight is going back to the saved Light color.