Acer Aspire E15 Touchpad Not Working. Changed the touchpad settings in BIOS but no go

ComputerGal44
ComputerGal44 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2022 in Aspire Laptops

I have an Acer Aspire E15, serial number NXGRYAA001XXXXX. My touchpad scroll stopped working. I went into bios and made sure the touchpad was set to advance. I downloaded IO driver. I didn't see a touchpad driver listed under drivers. I am not sure what else to do.

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information and to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

@ComputerGal44

On the Acer drivers page, chose the right operating system on the drop down menu. Try to check for the i/o driver and touchpad driver.

If you are not able to find the touch pad driver..

Please try installing the chipset driver and check . Before installing it try to install the i/o drivers first.

Touch pad key explanation.

Please look at the key f6 and f7 key on keyboard .    You can see the hand symbol with fingers .   That denotes the touchpad function key.   On some models it will be on f6 and some models it will be on f7.    So we need to use the right key depending upon the laptop model .   If fn + f7 is not working then we have to use f7 alone to make it to work.     

If fn + f6 is not working then we have to use f6 alone to make it to work.     

On some laptop models there will be a separate button right  next to touch pad area which is beow the space bar.  It is used to turn on and off the touch pad.  On some old models it will be right next to power button.   On all new models, f7 key is used to enable and disable the touch pad. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer

Search Windows start menu 'touchpad'. Click touschpad settings near top of menu. Are scrolling features turned on?

Jack E/NJ

• albertfitussi
    albertfitussi Member Posts: 1 New User

hello

on my Acer Swift SF514-54T-741T the function key F7 allows to turn on or off the touchpad…

easy !

enjoy

• William_mk2
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

@ComputerGal44

On the Acer drivers page, chose the right operating system on the drop down menu. Try to check for the i/o driver and touchpad driver.

If you are not able to find the touch pad driver..

Please try installing the chipset driver and check . Before installing it try to install the i/o drivers first.

Touch pad key explanation.

Please look at the key f6 and f7 key on keyboard .    You can see the hand symbol with fingers .   That denotes the touchpad function key.   On some models it will be on f6 and some models it will be on f7.    So we need to use the right key depending upon the laptop model .   If fn + f7 is not working then we have to use f7 alone to make it to work.     

If fn + f6 is not working then we have to use f6 alone to make it to work.     

On some laptop models there will be a separate button right  next to touch pad area which is beow the space bar.  It is used to turn on and off the touch pad.  On some old models it will be right next to power button.   On all new models, f7 key is used to enable and disable the touch pad. 

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• ComputerGal44

@William_mk2 I fixed it. I booted into the bios again. I noticed the touchpad setting was set to advance. I changed it to basic and it worked.

• William_mk2
    edited February 2023

@ComputerGal44

Sometimes doing bios defaults will also work. Try f2 while turning on the computer. It will go to bios. Press f9 once. It will load the defaults. Press f10 to save the changes.

I am really glad your problem is fixed.

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ComputerGal44

@William_mk2 Thanks. Yea, I did that prior. It is working.

• William_mk2

@ComputerGal44

In future if you get any issue with touch pad please try fn + f6, f6 alone or fn + f7 , f7 alone on keyboard. It is used to enable or disable the touchpad. Try to install the i/o drivers first and then install touch pad drivers. If the touch pad drivers are not available please install the chip set drivers. It will do the trick.

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★