AXC-704G-UW61 My computer is running extremely slow

Frittzy66
Frittzy66 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

I am not up to date with any of this technology (frankly, I think I'm driving my Son crazy at this point) My computer is running extremely slow. It's quite old, I got it as a gift in 2014/2015, I believe its windows 7 (although on the side of computer it says: Windows 10 Home 64-Bit) it gave me a message months ago saying something like (not a quote) this computer is not eligible for windows 10, something like that.

Does anyone know anything about this? And, if I had to buy a new computer, please give me suggestions (inexpensive suggestions)

Thank you so very much

Frittzy😎

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Best Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,426 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

It take more $$$ to update than buy new.

I'll let others suggest and it depends how you're going to use.

• Larryodie
    Answer ✓

You'll be amazed at the speed of the new computers with SSD hard drives compared to your old unit.

Save all your data from the old to a USB Hard Drive then transfer to the new unit.

Answers

• Larryodie
    Answer ✓

It take more $$$ to update than buy new.

I'll let others suggest and it depends how you're going to use.

• Larryodie
    Answer ✓

You'll be amazed at the speed of the new computers with SSD hard drives compared to your old unit.

Save all your data from the old to a USB Hard Drive then transfer to the new unit.

• Frittzy66
    Frittzy66 Member Posts: 3 New User

You have been so helpful and I truly appreciate your time. Like I said, I am not computer (well anything actually) should have been more patient with The Parents.

I would have never figured it would be so easy as putting everything on a USB Hard Drive

Thank you so much for all you help @Larryodie 💻️😎