Aspire AN515-52 in system info and no TPM after motherboard replacement

zakha3v
zakha3v Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Nitro Gaming

I had my Nitro an515-52 motherboard replaced but it wasn't until I tried to install windows 11 I realised that my machine was either missing TPM or had a lesser version of it as the minimum requirement is TPM 2.0 for windows 11 installation.

Is there anyway to fix this?

I need to download Nitro sense too but when I download it, it shows not supported for this device when I tried to run the setup, I wondered why, then after researching I got to know that my machine model displayed Aspire XXXX in dxdiag and in Acer Care Center

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

>>>I had my Nitro an515-52 motherboard replaced>>>

1. Who replaced the mainboard?
    2. How long ago?
    3. Please post a phone photo of the BIOS Information tab if possible.

Jack E/NJ

• homealone23
    homealone23 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Same issue , tpm is missing after latest bios update , or it wasnt there at all

System detects no tpm

Can someone send me the driver

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    edited January 2023

What mobo did you replace the oem mobo with? As there are 10 different AN515052 mobos which all should have the TPM 2.0 as this laptops 8th Gen cpu is compatible with Win-11 and should have a 2.0 TPM, you must have bought a noncompatible mobo (see below as I've included all the AN515-52 mobo list) , below is the TPM specs from a n AN515-56 that I've got, and this is what you should have in Settings Security processor details

This is the AN515-52s mobo block diagram where the TPM is and what its connected to

TPM chip and what it looks like

All AN515-52s mobos

• homealone23
    homealone23 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I am also experiencing the same issue on the original motherboard .

DO you have a driver or a solution for this thing bro ?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

If pressing Ctrl+S in any BIOS tab or page doesn't reveal any TPM, then the hardware isn't installed. The TPM security processor is in the form of a chip, like a CPU, plugged into or soldered on a TPM socket on the mainboard. To see if your mainboard has a TPM security chip , go to Windows start menu. Choose Settings. Update & Security. Then Windows Security. Then Device Security.

Jack E/NJ