Power button no longer invokes quick access, how do I configure Quick Access

IronRod
IronRod Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited December 2022 in Aspire Laptops

My power button stopped invoking Quick Access. How do I configure Quick Access so the power button will invoke it?

I was trying to configure the power button to always do a shut down but that didn't work. Now, it doesn't invoke Quick Access.

I uninstalled Quick Access, downloaded the latest version and installed it again. But the power button still doesn't trigger it.

I can invoked Quick Access manually and select an option (e.g., shut down) which works.

But pressing the power button (for a few seconds) only makes it sleep and that is all.

To shut down, I either have to select shut-down in the OS menu, or do so via Quick Access.

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Best Answer

• IronRod

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

I just realized I'd let the Quick Access stuff (with which I was unfamiliar) cloud my thinking. The fix was to go into the power settings and select what the power off key would do. This was what I wanted any way. But I mistakenly thought I had to get Quick Access to work for this to happen. I just uninstalled Quick Access as it wasn't useful to me.

Answers

• Hi! Access regedit and change this key to 1:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • IronRod

Tinkerer

edited November 2022

@egydiocoelho That registry entry is already set to one:

• Restart windows and check this option:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • IronRod

Tinkerer

Your message is not clear: Check which option? You mean, "Confirm that the checkbox is checked in the dialog window?" If so, already done -- see the image.

• IronRod

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

I just realized I'd let the Quick Access stuff (with which I was unfamiliar) cloud my thinking. The fix was to go into the power settings and select what the power off key would do. This was what I wanted any way. But I mistakenly thought I had to get Quick Access to work for this to happen. I just uninstalled Quick Access as it wasn't useful to me.