SFX14-41G NVIDIA GPU not detected - having issues detecting the dedicated GPU

Jkim13
Jkim13 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 in Swift and Spin Series

I had my laptop sent in to be repaired but it's still having issues detecting the dedicated GPU (3050Ti) in Task Manager and the BIOS

It shows up on Device Manager so this computer does recognize that it's there but I suspect it's some kind of hardware issue...

It also does not detect the GPU in Task Manager (see below)

I've tried reinstalling all the correct drivers directly from Acer Support and NVIDIA but nothing seems to help... I can't even open NVIDIA Control Panel.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance!

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• Jkim13

Tinkerer

Intel Driver & Support Assistant:

"No supported driver or software updates are available for your system."

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,681 Trailblazer

Well, of course. Intel doesn't do drivers for NVIDIA or AMD. :) Try NVIDIA's support site to see if they have a newer driver to fix the issue.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey

And yet what you posted was the Intel Driver & Support Assistant pages, which has little to nothing to do with your AMD based system. What version of NVIDIA drivers are installed?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jkim13

Tinkerer

That was a recommended step to ensure the latest drivers were installed from a previous post.

I downloaded the latest drivers (currently 526.98) but it still didn't help. I'm also using a different laptop because the SSD kicked the bucket (and it was a recent purchase too) so I'm pretty upset about that...

• billsey

Try the latest driver directly from the NVIDIA site. You might have installed the desktop drivers for the 3050 ti instead of the laptop.

• Jkim13

Tinkerer

I've tried that too--I downloaded the drivers for the 3050ti mobile

• billsey

I think I've pretty much exhausted my ideas. If you are still in warranty contact Acer support and get a ticket started.

• Jkim13

Tinkerer

The warranty ended a couple of months ago and I already had it sent in for repairs. They returned it without really fixing anything as the same issues persisted.

Thank you for your help though, much appreciated.