I need to get my Chromebook Spin CP713-2W-5874 screen repaired

eHomeCare
eHomeCare Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2022 in Chromebooks

I have a few Spin 713 and one of them the screen shows lines. I believe the connection between the main part and the screen is loose as some screws are loose.

I need a repair centre to help me. I asked Acer and their answer was, believe me or not, use Google...

Any advise, website, number ?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    edited November 2022

@eHomeCare

If your chromebook is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.   Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.  On the new page - scroll down - click on "contact support". Scroll down. You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

If it is out of warranty, please contact local store or

Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.  On the new page - scroll down - Click on "Repair My Acer" - Request to have your Acer product repaired.  There will be charges for repair. 

Additional info to contact Acer Store: Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.  You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories. Alternatively, on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.  For the parts which are not available on Acer store, you have to contact local store.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• eHomeCare

Hi

Thanks for the reply

It is not have warranty as it is not bought in Australia.

I went to the website and they don't offer repairs for a cost, their answer was google for a shop. I can't find an Acer shop that does SPin 713 in Australia

I tried Support.acer.com and of the 4 options it showed me, 3 are not existing anymore and the last one doesn't really have chromebooks.

So Acer store has been unsuccessful and no success with finding any local store... Not sure if any support in Australia exists...

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084

@eHomeCare

Kindly find the link for australian customers...

https://www.acer.com/au-en/support/contact-acer/service-contact

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer

We can help more if we knew which CP713 model you have, there have been several over the years. I'm guessing your issue is twofold, the eDP cable that runs between the motherboard and display and the screws that hold the hinges in place. With heavy use or quick movements opening and closing the screen the screws for the hinges will gradually pull out of the plastic case. Other than replacing the case halves the best solution for that is usually to rebuild the screw mounts using an epoxy then drilling them to replace the screws. The eDP cable isn't too tough to replace, but it does require pulling everything down about as far as you can go. If you can give us your full model number (CP713-xxx-xxxx, usually on the same sticker as your serial number) we can look up the exact matching parts.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • eHomeCare

Hi Billsey,

The # is CP713-2W-5874

The hinges still seem okay but the book lost 3 screws that need replacement.

I guess it is the eDP that causes the issue with the screen to show lines

• eHomeCare

Is this the correct video for the 5874 model?

Question is if the screen or the cable needs replacement. Can you determine this from an image

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer

Yes, pretty much all the CP713-2W models will be the same in that respect. It looks like a cable issue to me, but there is a small possibility it is the screen. If you can, choose a vendor that has a good return policy just in case.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.