Adding 4go memory to Aspire A115-32-C3AK Which specific ram model do I have to buy?

JohnB02
JohnB02 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2022 in Aspire Laptops

Hello,

Is it possible to add 4go memory to the acer aspire 1 : Aspire A115-32-C3AK ?

Is 8go the maximum memory for this laptop ?

Is there only one memory slot ?

Do I have to replace the 4go with a 8go memory or there is another slot to add 4go ?

Which specific ram model do I have to buy ?

Do I need a specific material to open it ?

Adding 4go memory, does it consume more battery ? I mean the computer has to manage more memory quantity so, for normal or intensive use, does it reduce the battery time remaining comparing to 4 go ?

Thank you

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, you have two memory slots, you can add another 4GB with same specifications as the other original memory, avoid buying any modules with XMP profile, more details are in this thread:Aspire A115-32 am looking DDR4 8GB RAM sticks and was wondering if anyone knew where to find them? — Acer Community

It's not difficult to open, after removing the screws, use a guitar pick or an old credit card to separate, very similar to the method in the video:(2) Acer Aspire 1 A115-31 Complete Take Apart How to complete disassemble teardown - YouTube

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084

@JohnB02

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below. The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below. There is an option to "start your scan " and " select your computer " . Please chose the options and try it. It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide. We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options. You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too.      

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084

@JohnB02

Kindly go through the details given below

Is it possible to add 4go memory to the acer aspire 1 : Aspire A115-32-C3AK ? Yes

Is 8go the maximum memory for this laptop ? 32 gb

Is there only one memory slot ? 2 slots

Do I have to replace the 4go with a 8go memory or there is another slot to add 4go ? Two slots ( 16 gb + 16 gb = 32 gb ) or ( 4 + 8 = 12 gb ) or ( 4+ 4 = 8 gb )

You can check the memory combinations on the screen shot given below

Which specific ram model do I have to buy ? DDR4 2933 SODIMM memory interface

Do I need a specific material to open it ? Screw driver

Adding 4go memory, does it consume more battery ? I mean the computer has to manage more memory quantity so, for normal or intensive use, does it reduce the battery time remaining comparing to 4 go ? No it doesnt consume battery. It doesnt reduce the battery time. When you add memory to computer it will work more faster.

Kindly go though the details captured from service manual designed for your computer.

Picture 2

Picture 3

Please check the different memory combinations given below. You can even try ( 16 gb + 16 gb = 32 gb ) which is the maximum

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• JohnB02
    JohnB02 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, thank you for the answers,

I am confused because the amazon product description shows 4GB memory and max 8GB memory so where can I find an exact description of this product ?

Is there any description link from the acer website ?

Also, I have read some user comments saying that the laptop can't run if it isn't connected to a wifi signal. Is it a specific requirement from windows 11 or from acer ? Is it required at the first computer startup or every startup ?

Is it possible to downgrade to win 10 ?

Last question : does it reduces the laptop perfs (speed, memory or battery) if I connect it to a 32" computer screen ?

Thanks