Acer Aspire5 tried contacting the SSD card it won’t register download stop without any error message

TehAngryBird345
TehAngryBird345 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2022 in Gaming Accessories

So I bought the SK Hynix Gold P31 (1 terabyte) for my Acer Aspire 5 and i can not get it to register. I tried downloading the firmware to fix the problem, however the download will stop downloading without showing any error messages. I tried contacting the SSD card company but they haven’t done anything to fix the issue. This is basically my last resort option to fix this issue without bringing it to a professional. Is there anyway I can get this to work.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited November 2022

What is your exact Aspire 5 laptops model number, does this laptop have an OEM SATA B&M end key type M.2 drive or a PCIe 3 x4 M end key type M.2 drive OEM? As by what you have said, it sounds like the SK Hynix Gold P31 PCIe3 x4 M.2 drive is not a compatible drive that is suited to your laptop. Install the SK Hynix software Drive Manager: Easy Kit (64 bit) C2.6.0 and see if that recognizes the M.2 drive, also install the IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver for your Aspire 5 through Device Manager >Disk drives and if its recognized then roll back the drivers or update the IRST Intel driver for this laptop. Best is to install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and do a scan of your laptop and make sure that your laptop has all the windows updates also. Also enable TRIM within windows, if all that doesn't make the SK Hynix Gold P31 then this drive is incompatible with your laptop or try the Acer OEM M.2 drive that came with your laptop and see if that works, as if it does then the new SK Hynix Gold P31 drive is faulty so send the drive back and get another drive.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Yes, without knowing just which Aspire 5 model you have (there have been hundreds of different ones over the years) we can't look up just which kinds of drives are supported. The model number should be on the same sticker as your serial number.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.