A515-56, How do I get a HDMI Video Capture with Loop to woork with laptop?

Ulremember
Ulremember Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2022 in Aspire Laptops

Hellp. I have an Aspire 5. I am trying to use a Video Capture with Loop from my Android S9 in OBS. I record video and FOH at a small comedy lounge in Hollywood Ca. Now, I have plugged the setup into an old HP laptop and my S9, it was recognized right away. I then hooked up the HDMI out to the tv and it worked also.

Now with my Asprire : A515-56, I get nothing but a "ding" when I plug it in. IS there something I can do to resolve this issue. I would like to be able to record in 1080 and record the 1080 with OBS.

I have the cable plugged into the usb right next to the HDMI. I saw online that there were different types of usb ports.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED! I am hoping to have it working by Sarurday the 20th of Aug 2022.

Thank You In Advance! Blessings

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• Ulremember

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

JackE. I think I found the issue. I had to turn camera share on in privacy. OBS now sees usb video. I also had to DISABLE Samsung Dex!!!!!! Under Setting/ Advance Settings..

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME AND ASSISTANCE

BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOURS!!!!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer

>>>Now, I have plugged the setup into an old HP laptop and my S9, it was recognized right away.>>>

What's the Windows version on the old HP? What's the old HP's full model number?

Jack E/NJ

• Ulremember

Tinkerer

Thank you for the reply

The HP is a HP 15 running Win 10. AMD Processor

The Acer is M515-56 intel Core i5 and intel iris-x graphics

Thank you for your time

Blessings

• JackE

>>>Now with my Asprire : A515-56, I get nothing but a "ding" when I plug it in.>>>

Before plugging it in, open Device Manager. What happens to the Device Manager screen right after you plug it in?

Jack E/NJ

• Ulremember

Tinkerer

Hello again. I just found it in Device Manager. It is listed as "USB Camera" It's weird In OBS the only options I have is OBS Virtual Camera and Droid Cam.

Thank You Again!!!!

• Ulremember

Tinkerer

CORRECTION The Adpater is Listed as "USB VIDEO"!!!!!

• Ulremember

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

JackE. I think I found the issue. I had to turn camera share on in privacy. OBS now sees usb video. I also had to DISABLE Samsung Dex!!!!!! Under Setting/ Advance Settings..

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME AND ASSISTANCE

BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOURS!!!!

• JackE

Congratulations on your success! Thanks for reporting back. 🙂

Jack E/NJ