problem with Fn performance a350

darvishi
darvishi Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2022 in Swift and Spin Series

Hi

I have problem on Fn performance. in office when I press F1 the menu appear or disappear, but on acer kayboard when I press F1 the laptop sleep. how can I disable the Fn performance. because its so hard to press Fn and Alt and F1.

( edited the title to add the model name )

Best Answer

• Athwart
    Athwart Member Posts: 85 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

You haven't said what model Acer you have. Most of the Acer models allow you to toggle the Function key behaviour in the BIOS.

Enter the BIOS by repeatedly tapping F2 immediately after turning on the laptop. On the Main menu there should be an item called "Function key behaviour". You can select either "media mode" or "function key". Function key mode means F1=F1 and Fn+F1=sleep. This is what you want.

Answers

• Athwart
    Athwart Member Posts: 85 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

You haven't said what model Acer you have. Most of the Acer models allow you to toggle the Function key behaviour in the BIOS.

Enter the BIOS by repeatedly tapping F2 immediately after turning on the laptop. On the Main menu there should be an item called "Function key behaviour". You can select either "media mode" or "function key". Function key mode means F1=F1 and Fn+F1=sleep. This is what you want.

• darvishi
    darvishi Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you so much

it works

the model is a350

thanks again