How to turn the RGB keyboard acer nitro 5 515-58

jesicomjesicom1
jesicomjesicom1 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hello, 2 weeks ago I got acer nitro 5 515-58 and I cant turn the RGB keyboard I have the acer nitro sense, but there is no keyboard settings

( Edited the title to add the model name )

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,932 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello, 2 weeks ago I got acer nitro 5 515-58 and I cant turn the RGB keyboard I have the acer nitro sense, but there is no keyboard settings
    That's very unusual as all new Nitro 5 - AN515-58 should have an RGB keyboards (unless in your region they don't provide this feature to reduce costs?) so check that out first. Also and to make sure, do a complete uninstall of NS through Control Panel > Uninstall a program > Nitro Sense and then install the new NitroSense Version: 3.01.3044_20220324 Acer OEM NS driver for your AN515-58 again, if this doesn't trigger the RGB keyboard then contact Acer Support in your area and get Acer to replace/fix the RGB keyboard on your new laptop as it should have an RGB keyboard. 

Also update the bios to the last version 1.10: 
    1. Update brightness table.
    2. Update MCU.
    3. Support 22H2 SV2.
    4. Update VK key for I9 support.
    5. Update GOP v21.0.1048.

But be very careful when you update a bios and don't attempt to do this if you have NO experience in updating a bios as you could brick and damage your laptop, as acer warns users of laptops/desktops that "Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution" as I take no responsibility if you damage your laptop, so make sure that before you update the bios you do this:
    1. Always have the laptop plugged into the charger and on mains power that has no dangers of a power outage or any power shortages.
    2. Your laptop is not in danger of any BSOD's or blue screen errors crashes
    3. You turn off all anti virus and malware software
    4. You don't have any software running e.g. like windows update or any updates 

This is what your Nitro 5 - AN515-58 RGB keyboard should look like

Answers

• StevenGen
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    That's very unusual as all new Nitro 5 - AN515-58 should have an RGB keyboards (unless in your region they don't provide this feature to reduce costs?) so check that out first. Also and to make sure, do a complete uninstall of NS through Control Panel > Uninstall a program > Nitro Sense and then install the new NitroSense Version: 3.01.3044_20220324 Acer OEM NS driver for your AN515-58 again, if this doesn't trigger the RGB keyboard then contact Acer Support in your area and get Acer to replace/fix the RGB keyboard on your new laptop as it should have an RGB keyboard. 

Also update the bios to the last version 1.10: 
    1. Update brightness table.
    2. Update MCU.
    3. Support 22H2 SV2.
    4. Update VK key for I9 support.
    5. Update GOP v21.0.1048.

But be very careful when you update a bios and don't attempt to do this if you have NO experience in updating a bios as you could brick and damage your laptop, as acer warns users of laptops/desktops that "Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution" as I take no responsibility if you damage your laptop, so make sure that before you update the bios you do this:
    1. Always have the laptop plugged into the charger and on mains power that has no dangers of a power outage or any power shortages.
    2. Your laptop is not in danger of any BSOD's or blue screen errors crashes
    3. You turn off all anti virus and malware software
    4. You don't have any software running e.g. like windows update or any updates 

This is what your Nitro 5 - AN515-58 RGB keyboard should look like

• jesicomjesicom1
    Thx that can help alot
  • jesicomjesicom1
    I saw that the drivers are for windows 11 and I am on windows 10 do you think that this can be the problem
  • StevenGen
    I saw that the drivers are for windows 11 and I am on windows 10 do you think that this can be the problem
    It doesn't matter as the Win-11 driver will work for Win-10, do what I've suggested above. 
  • What is the exact model? Example AN515-58-58VH. Go to regedit and change this key to 1:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)