screen removal Nitro 5 Laptop is AN517-51 56vf

Jayw1966
Jayw1966 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hello forum.

I'm looking for some help with my blank screen. Laptop is AN517-51 56vf. manufacture date 25/10/2020.

I did a really stupid thing and closed the lid when my flash drive was sitting on the edge of the keyboard, top right next to the on button. Although I closed the lid quite gently and stopped as soon as i felt the resistance the screen is now blank. The laptop works as normal with an external monitor. There doesn't seem to be any damage to the screen but there is a dent on the bezel just below. I'm assuming the screen is shot and would be happy to try to replace myself. My problem is I can't see how the screen comes off.

In the online videos of this model the screen is on with tape and the tape sticks out enough to get hold of it and pull it off. There is definitely no tape accessible on my screen. Does anybody have any ideas on how to remove the screen? Also is there anything else it might be that's made the screen go blank? I have taken the back off and made sure the screen is plugged in properly.

Thanks in advance

Jay

[edited the title to add model name ]

Answers

• RenanVilela
    RenanVilela ACE Posts: 13,564 Trailblazer
    Hi, good morning.
    Take a look at this print and then watch the video:

Acer Nitro 5 Screen replacement - YouTube
    Acer Predator Helios 300 Core i7 9750H
    Sodimm DDR4 2666MHz 16 GB Sk Hynx
    Sodimm DDR4 2666MHz 16GB Crucial
    SSD 512GB Sandisk Plus
    SSD M2 Nvme 512GB XPG GAMMIX S11 Lite
    SSD M2 Sata3 128GB WD
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    -->>  Dicas para amenizar a temperatura durante Jogos — Acer Community  <<--
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Se a minha resposta te ajudou, curta o comentário e fortaleça com o Sim se possível!!

• Jayw1966
    Hi Thanks for your reply. I have watched this video already. In this video the sticky tape is clearly visible and able to be picked up with tweezers. My issue is that on my laptop there is no sign of any tape extending past the screen.  
  • RenanVilela
    Jayw1966 said:
    Hi Thanks for your reply. I have watched this video already. In this video the sticky tape is clearly visible and able to be picked up with tweezers. My issue is that on my laptop there is no sign of any tape extending past the screen.  
    If you remove these screws, can you notice if the tape will be apparent?

SSD 512GB Sandisk Plus
    SSD M2 Sata3 128GB WD

Se a minha resposta te ajudou, curta o comentário e fortaleça com o Sim se possível!!

• Jayw1966
    Hi , thanks I found the tape. When I took out the screws , and the top ones, the top cover came away and the tape can be accessed from behind the screen. There are two access points per side to pick up the tape. Thanks again for your help. 
  • RenanVilela
    Any other questions just post.
    SSD 512GB Sandisk Plus
    SSD M2 Sata3 128GB WD